Slight problem after N/A to Turbo Conversion

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

irishdavemr2

Slight problem after N/A to Turbo Conversion

Post by irishdavemr2 »

I changed my Rev1 N/A engine to a Rev2 Turbo including changing the wiring loom up to the passenger kickpanel. Now when I press the brakes the rear fog light comes on the dash. Now I know that there isn't a rear fog light on the imports & I have changed the rear clusters aswell so as I have double trail/brake lights on both sides with no rear fog light anymore.
Now the fact that the rear fog light comes on when I brake wouldn't bother me too much except that (and here comes the big problem) if I have my parking lights, and I hold down the brake pedal for longer than about 25 or 30 sec's the brake lights stay on even if I lift my foot off. The brake lights are getting power from the lights somehow?
Also, if I have my lights off and I hold the brake pedal down for 25-30 sec's the parking lights & dash lights come on, until I take my foot off 7 they go out. So in this case the parking lights are getting power from the brakes!

Ps. I tried disconnecting the plug at the back of the rear fog light switch but still light on dash comes on and still the same problem.

Any ideas of where my problem is or how I can fix it?

Rogue

Re: Slight problem after N/A to Turbo Conversion

Post by Rogue »

It's an easy one this... One of the plugs in the footwell handles almost all of the rear light functions. The only exception is the fog light which varies between UK and JDM models.

You're looking for a green wire with a white stripe on the JDM loom that was previously a green wire with an orange strip on your UK loom. If memory serves it's pin 3 on connector ID4.

Rogue
irishdavemr2

Re: Slight problem after N/A to Turbo Conversion

Post by irishdavemr2 »

Thanks so much Rogue A++++

Now that I know the wires how do I solve the probelem?
I havent looked at them yet but are they already jointed through the connector or do I have to join them or disconnect them or ?????

Cheers

Return to “Electrical”