small decent-ish ice set up?

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

small decent-ish ice set up?

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

right lads, what speakers can/should i replace in my MR2 turbo?

the front speakers in the doors seem......crap and the ones by the seat belts are ok-ish but could be better. think there's small tweeters somewhere too, by the mirrors are they? don't care to much about them anyway.

basically would like a small set up, just want to know what i need. would like 4 speakers replaced as mentioned so any recomends for them? and maybe 2 10" subs behind the seats? again recomends for subs + boxes to use and lastly it'll need an amp again recomends?

i like my sony head unit so wanna keep that, any ideas on what the speakers + wood for the boxes will cost? what type of wood is best? i'm considering giving it a go myself when i have the dough again.

not wanting a show stopper system, just something that's good and has decent bass hence the 2 10" subs :D
pecky

Re: small decent-ish ice set up?

Post by pecky »

im using diamond m5 components and 1 10" audiobahn sub and my set up runs great off my kicker competition amp, although the stuff i bought did set me bk a fair bit.

as for the sub box i have posted the plans for a 10" box in another topic
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=86
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

i've got Focal Access 165a components running off head unit at pres, coming soon is 2 of pecky's sub boxes(cheers for the plans m8 ) not decided on what subs n amps to buy yet !!!!!
pecky

Post by pecky »

when u buy your subs just check the depth so that they fit in the boxes mate
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

yea will do m8 i was actually looking at that what's max depth, bout 6" or summat like that????
nutter

Post by nutter »

Alpine do a 10 inch sub and box combo that fits exactly into the space behind the seat. It's pricey but it moves a lot of air. I have that, a set of 6x 9's (amped) at the back and kenwood components in the front. Unless you're gonna go silly load i reckon that is a good balanced set up.

nutter wrote:Alpine do a 10 inch sub and box combo that fits exactly into the space behind the seat. It's pricey but it moves a lot of air. I have that, a set of 6x 9's (amped) at the back and kenwood components in the front. Unless you're gonna go silly load i reckon that is a good balanced set up.

sounds good, what model is the alpine sub do you remember?
nutter

Post by nutter »

here you go m8,

http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_13909.html

Don't know if they sell it any more. Alpines website lists a 12" version but no 10" :(

Its an SBR1041SB.

Worst case scenario you could buy the sub (as it's obviously built to run in small boxes) and get a custom box made up. But i spose that puts you back to square one again!

nutter wrote:here you go m8,

http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_13909.html

Don't know if they sell it any more. Alpines website lists a 12" version but no 10" :(

Its an SBR1041SB.

Worst case scenario you could buy the sub (as it's obviously built to run in small boxes) and get a custom box made up. But i spose that puts you back to square one again!

cheers, well i doubt i'll have one as by the time i have the cash to sort the audio no doubt they won't make it no more :( although someone has diagrams ect to make sub boxes so i might give that a go for a bit of a laugh!

DIY is always fun after all :D

Return to “ICE and Security”