Japfest 2005?

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rev2_mike

Japfest 2005?

Post by Rev2_mike »

I know its a few months off yet, but has anybody been to previous japfest days at castle combe and is anyone going this year?
Terry

Re: Japfest 2005?

Post by Terry »

Shall be their, was hoping to get the old dog running again by then for a bit of track action.

Might buy up some track time tho, take the Corolla round.

Its definetly worth going, shame their not gunna do a 2 day event this year tho...
richie94gts

Post by richie94gts »

shafster

Post by shafster »

i was there last year and it was a good laugh.

i wont be going this year though as it's 200 miles away :)
craig

Post by craig »

shafster wrote:i was there last year and it was a good laugh.

i wont be going this year though as it's 200 miles away :)

me either :cry:
Fidgits

Post by Fidgits »

been there a couple of years, its a nice show, with the addition of track action...

and a sprinkling of rain always makes the track more interesting..
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

200miles?

thats no probs! Mark and i drive down from Macc which is a good 200miles and 3hour drive. Its an easy drive at 5am.

Its a shame that this show is one day only as 2 days with camping would be much better.
disco stu k

japfest

Post by disco stu k »

Yep always there, rude not to, its only on the otherside of town, Hope ther's more trade stands this year, sucked last year, although the scooby losing it on tower corner sort of made up for it in a sick way!

stu
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

thought i`d bring this back to the top.I`ll be going see you there stu.
Lauren we can compare real mk1s, but i dont think i can take my baby on the track. might beg a ride if ones going to get a few pointers as my last effort left a very nasty smell !
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

crazylegs wrote:thought i`d bring this back to the top.I`ll be going see you there stu.
Lauren we can compare real mk1s, but i dont think i can take my baby on the track. might beg a ride if ones going to get a few pointers as my last effort left a very nasty smell !

I'll certainly try and make this one, my diary looks free (ie no BaT day that day) so i'll make the effort to pop along. Would be good to meet up and yes compare Mk1a's! I'm sure yours is much better condition wise than mine though... And yes if i can i may well take it out for a few laps and of course you'd be welcome to come for the ride, no probs.
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

thanks Lauren. whatever happens it would be nice to meet up if only to put a face to the name,and say hello.I will take you up on the offer of a ride,if it works out,I will get my kahki boxers out specially!
Rev2_mike

Post by Rev2_mike »

Just to ask if there's any update on this? How many IMOC'ers are thinking of going this year?
Andy MR2 Bennett

Post by Andy MR2 Bennett »

I'm going, really looking forward to seeing lots of Mr2's
Jay

Post by Jay »

I'll be goin this year its about 150 miles from mine so its not that far :) this will be my second one, cannot wait the last one was really good.

Nice cars, Lovely Ladies, Hot weather, Cool beers what more could you ask for 8)

Jay :mrgreen:
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

dam i wanted to go, millin zillion miles. if it was 2 days id camp :( oh well! :cry:
Chris Lynch

Post by Chris Lynch »

I went last year its probably the best Jap only event of the year. I will be the red MR2 going round the track in the FTO session this year :D

Chris
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

LuizeGT wrote:dam i wanted to go, millin zillion miles. if it was 2 days id camp :( oh well! :cry:

castle combe, aint that near derby way? if it is il b there lol. i was thinking of somwhere else
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

LuizeGT wrote:
LuizeGT wrote:dam i wanted to go, millin zillion miles. if it was 2 days id camp :( oh well! :cry:

castle combe, aint that near derby way? if it is il b there lol. i was thinking of somwhere else

GLOL! Its no where near Derby. Its much nearer Bristol off the M4/M5 junction.
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

lol! i really should get a globe, im proberbly in the wrong country! lol :oops:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

LuizeGT wrote:lol! i really should get a globe, im proberbly in the wrong country! lol :oops:

If you are in derby though its not that far really. Probably 200miles say 3 hours drive.

I'll be going down from Macclesfield which must be the same distance. There may even be a bit of a convoy going on.

Return to “Past Events”