Shafster

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Eddie

Re: Shafster

Post by Eddie »

Just a wee link, members should look at before buying
from this shafster :!:

http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php? ... 10592&st=0
SwissHeavy

Post by SwissHeavy »

Blimey. I knew Shafster was a 'trader' of some sorts, never heard that kind of stuff before on IMOC. He's let himself down there...
shafster

Post by shafster »

ok here's my side. not that i need to explain myself as my rep on here and every other forum speaks for itself

i sent out a set of mirrors that were on my mx5 due to someone who had seen them in good condition on my mx5. anyhow, the person bought them and i sent them by business post. they got damaged, through no fault of my own. how does that make me liable to give someone their money back?

did i do something wrong? nope
did i break the mirrors? nope
did i steal someones money? nope

now people need to ask themselves. if you sold something on ebay and it got damaged in the post, would you give someone a refund if they signed for the goods saying that they were happy to accept them?

people need to see the full picture before they jump the gun and start judging people before the full facts are presented.
RST

Post by RST »

Hi mate,

Depending how long they left it, they're fully entitled to money back or a credit note. You should have sent them goods which was fully ensured to cover this sort of stuff.

Your problem unfortunately..........
the person bought them and i sent them by business post. they got damaged, through no fault of my own. how does that make me liable to give someone their money back?
...that should be a problem for the sender ONLY (tough as it is).
SwissHeavy

Post by SwissHeavy »

Mr Shafster, you know as well as I that when you sign for goods being delivered by business post, you're signing that you've received them, not that they've been received free from faults. No matter over the question of insurance.

Yes you do need to explain yourself, because this bad publicity is spreading, and for the sake of £100 - which is naff all let's face it, you could have quelled any argument - you could now instead lose many thousands in business - potentially. Any affiliate on here (I know Peter - Sbits definitely would) would save face and pay out. Yes, I can personally can plainly see that you were not at fault, but you had a duty of care, and a moral aspect also.
shafster

Post by shafster »

sorry amte as far as im concerned i stripped these off my car and they were in good working order and condition.

if business post are unwilling to fully compensate for damage which occurred within their posession, then why should i? the person has been given the claim details so they are welcome to claim for damage through business post. as for me, i am not a trader anymore and havent been for a long time so am not bothered about the negative feedback i get from this. my conscience is clear, i have enough witnesses who can prove that these mirrors were intact when sent. so i am not liable for the damage, end of!
shafster

Post by shafster »

RST wrote:Hi mate,

Depending how long they left it, they're fully entitled to money back or a credit note. You should have sent them goods which was fully ensured to cover this sort of stuff.

Your problem unfortunately..........

the person bought them and i sent them by business post. they got damaged, through no fault of my own. how does that make me liable to give someone their money back?

...that should be a problem for the sender ONLY (tough as it is).

sorry mate, private sale, i have no liability towards anything. so long as i can prove that the goods were sent in one piece. then the buyer can claim damage from the courier and if the courier company says they are not liable, then it ends there.
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Shaf's a good lad. I've personally never had a problem.
shafster

Post by shafster »

cheers bud

in all honesty i have tried to help out the person as much as possible. gave them all the details of how to claim off the courier, but as far as they are concerned, they just want to cause trouble. and as far as her friends are concerned, they would rather support her blindly.... which is there own stupidity i guess, spamming other forums with their rubbish.

to be honest i didnt even advertise the mirrors on their forum. someone else from their forum who had physically viewed the mirrors and seen that they were in good condition did.
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

ouch ! - all it takes to tarnish a reputation is one dis-satisfied person. can't help but think you'd of been better off in the long run taking the mirrors back off her and refunding the money. you'd be out of pocket short-term, but you may have put a good few mx5ers off from ever buying from you now - esp. if that was your first contact with their club.

(note : i have bought an item off shaf before, and it was EXACTLY as described/pictured, sent promptly and was well enough packaged to prevent any transit damage)
shafster

Post by shafster »

yeah i know mate. such is the way and i know i have done nothing wrong so will be standing by my guns. i've been nothing but nice but everyone on there has turned nasty.

actually i have sold the following things on ebay to mx5 forum users - hardtop, strut brace, interior mirror and aftermarket bonnet. everyone of the people has been impressed with the car the parts came off and been thoroughly satisfied with their goods.

just by seeing the nasty posts from people on there that dont even know me. i am willing to take their abuse and rise above it as it just goes to show what kind of people they are. i dont need their business or anyone else's for that matter as i have more than enough money already. but believe i need to stand my ground on this as a matter of principle.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

i disagree with you mate, as the seller its your responsibility to pack the items properly and have adequate insurance cover which you should just add as p+p. if you are a seller of any description then it should be normal practise.... :-k

this girl has paid you £100 and not got what she paid for through no fault off her own and its unfair that you are keeping her hard earned cash for the sake of your principles.
it doesn't matter how you dress it your in the wrong by refusing a refund.....you didn't follow through with your end off the deal which was to get the mirrors to her in the advertised condition :-k

I'm not having a dig mate but if this had happened to me id be feeling robbed :-k

if anything, learn from this and good luck with your new venture :wink:
michael

Post by michael »

How did the courier manage to make the finish pitted like old chrome?

I think it's fairly clear what's going on here but if you can sleep at night then I guess you are fine with it.
shafster

Post by shafster »

michael wrote:How did the courier manage to make the finish pitted like old chrome?

I think it's fairly clear what's going on here but if you can sleep at night then I guess you are fine with it.

yeah i can sleep well at night. i didnt advertise the mirrors as new or even in mint condition. to be fair i didnt even advertise the mirrors. the mirrors were in good enough condition for me to have them on a mint mx5 and no one who ever came to view the car said the mirrors were in poor condition.

if the mirrors were ever returned to me in the condition that they were sent out in, then i would of given a complete refund. as it is, the mirrors are now damaged and no use to me whatsoever.

sorry i have to disagree with you mrtee and you will find that a civil court will disagree with you too. at the end of the day the damage occurred by a intermediary whose responsibility it is to ensure that it does what it is supposed to. i held my end of the bargain which was to remove the mirrors and get them sent out in the condition as described. it is the couriers responsibility to ensure they get their safely and on time. if the buyer wanted extra insurance to cover damage then they should request it. just like buying anything on ebay, if you want insurance that is extra. at the end of the day i was selling items off my car to people who were collecting.

anyhow enough said and done, i have done enough business with a lot of people on here and never had an issue. my reputation speaks for itself and i wont let one troublesome person who has got an issue overshadow the hundreds of positive feedback i have had previously.

end of discussion.

i dont have time to argue against everyone who has an issue with this. i rarely use this forum anyhow just due to the fact that everyone has opinion and likes to make it especially michael. i dont have to tell you how many people you have irritated in the past just by making your flippant comments and judging people. i guess your rep speaks for itself too.
michael

Post by michael »

The thing is I'm usually right ;)
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

michael wrote:How did the courier manage to make the finish pitted like old chrome?

what i was thinking too, most likely mis advertised

But I guess we all have different interpretations and standards of "good", "VGC" and "excellent" condition :)
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

I don't really think Shaf started this thread to argue the toss about some mx5 mirrors... that quite frankly none of us know anything about.

Shafs a straight up guy, If you notice on his adverts he always says collected or will post at buyers cost. Now if someone had something to hide would he allow the buyer to come and collect.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Well I have bought lots of Shaf with no probs at all. I'm sure if he was to blame he would of put it right. I'm also sure plenty of folk on here have also dealt with him and have the same to say. Good luck mate. :D
steve b

Post by steve b »

mrtee wrote:i disagree with you mate, as the seller its your responsibility to pack the items properly and have adequate insurance cover which you should just add as p+p. if you are a seller of any description then it should be normal practise.... :-k
:wink:

I agree, sellers should refund if goods get damaged in postage and have not been insured. I sold a 3sge cam cover once and it got cracked in transit my fault I didn't pack it well enough and I hadn't insured it at all. The courier refunded the postage cost to me but I gave the guy his money back. Thats the way selling via post has to be done else it means people can try and pass off all their old damaged crap and claim "was ok when i sent it".

All this reads like they were already damaged / poor condition, shaf knows it hence doesn't want them back even though the girls repaired the broken mirror and cleaned them up.
V8Killer

Post by V8Killer »

I don't think Shafster is in the wrong here - if it does go to small claims court - it'll be a walk in the park for Shaf.

Jemma-Lee skimped on the postage and she paid - period
M5

Return to “Trader Feedback”