mr turbo vs db7!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great driving
5%
Just having a laugh
11%
Stupid
11%
So idiotic I want to hit you with a big stick
74%

Total votes: 57

MRturbo

mr turbo vs db7!

Post by MRturbo »

hi

Was out today enjoying the sun making the most off the t-bar when i stopped at a round about and next to me pulled up a db7 convertible. He shot off so i thought here is my chance to see what its like against an aston? I had to pretty much redline 2nd 3rd and almost 4th to be behind him then when we hit 159mph he was having no more and pulled over so then i passed him! A big grin on my face for being able to keep up and matching an aston db7. I dont know wheather he hit a limiter or not does anyone know the power a db7 has all i know is that their a 6.0lr v12??

cheers

mike
michael

Re: mr turbo vs db7!

Post by michael »

MRturbo wrote:159mph

:-s
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Holy... 159 , can you imagine getting caught at that speed
im no saint mind you :mrgreen:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

pure idiocy.

vote cast!
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

stiiiiiiiiiick! =D> =D>
craig

Post by craig »

dude, 159? [-X
senie

Post by senie »

Firstly, 159 mph. I assume your were on the oad going between Stuttgart and Franfurt???
:?: 2nd? Thats f ing quick
3rd? An Aston is only a tarted up Jag
4th A jag is only a tarted up Ford

Me thinks you need your limiter put back on!
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

senie wrote:Firstly, 159 mph. I assume your were on the oad going between Stuttgart and Franfurt???
:?: 2nd? Thats f ing quick
3rd? An Aston is only a tarted up Jag
4th A jag is only a tarted up Ford

Me thinks you need your limiter put back on!

lol

:ncool:
MRturbo

Post by MRturbo »

might be a stupid speed but it is true as it was recorded on the avcr digital speedo!
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

MRturbo wrote:might be a stupid speed but it is true as it was recorded on the avcr digital speedo!

If there was a spastic clap smiley here, I would use it....

Sorry mate, nothing personal... But your car is NOT MEANT for those speeds on those roads.

And I doubt you're running the equipment to make those speeds anywhere near safe. Therefore my vote is 'idiotic'.
MRturbo

Post by MRturbo »

whats the point in having a sports car if you aint gonna use it on a perfect 3 laned clear road!

:?
senie

Post by senie »

I think the reason why the aston driver thought i'll have no more is that he would like to keep his licence and his life. Hell, i speed but 159. Are you xxxxxx stupid or something?

PS i think i found a picture of you!Image
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

MRturbo wrote:whats the point in having a sports car if you aint gonna use it on a perfect 3 laned clear road!

Sport's car's are great, I love mine, when I get it on track, then I hope there are no walls around, because I'll be going fast! But on the roads, I've realised that being 15 years old, my car isn't meant for those speeds anymore.

For more details, please see my post on this in 'off topic'
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

MRturbo wrote:whats the point in having a sports car if you aint gonna use it on a perfect 3 laned clear road!

Thats what a racetrack is for. Besides straightline speed can only be so much fun. Corners are where its at. ;)
Cliff

L

Post by Cliff »

159MPH and happy to post it on a public message board? =D> :thumright:
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

The Feds want you....

BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

dont worry half the people that are voting have probably hit stupid speeds aswell , take me for example raced a bmw.. posted it and im stupid and i need beating with a stick. But ofcause nobody races here ;)

I love it though get out there and enjoy the performance that comes with the turbo!
senie

Post by senie »

we all race/speed, whatever you wnat to call it, but 159mph is absolutley ludicrous.

Do you actually know how long it takes to stop from that speed with your brakes? If you hit a camber in the road at that speed, your up a creek without a paddle, as is everyone else around (if applicabel). This (to agree with lauren for once! :) ) is why a track is so much better as it is generally flat. motorways arent.
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

BLOODUK wrote:

dont worry half the people that are voting have probably hit stupid speeds aswell , take me for example raced a bmw.. posted it and im stupid and i need beating with a stick. But ofcause nobody races here ;)

I love it though get out there and enjoy the performance that comes with the turbo!

everyone likes a little push... ;-) And sometimes you do need to do it. But there's a time and a place, and a speed! :)
prezjamin

Post by prezjamin »

IIRC Fastest recorded speed that someone got caught on a uk road was a biker doing 158, he got his liscence removed and 6 months in the slammer, The article said something about it taking about 1/4 of a mile to stop at that speed, eeek thats a long way.

159 [-X
Well i hope you realise you can now keep up with the faster cars and dont need to try it again, too soon ;)

Return to “Driving Experiences”