BMW 3.0TD ESTATE V MR2 TURBO

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great driving
5%
Just having a laugh
No votes
Stupid
45%
So idiotic I want to hit you with a big stick
50%

Total votes: 20

BLOODUK

BMW 3.0TD ESTATE V MR2 TURBO

Post by BLOODUK »

Came onto the motorway went into the fast lane to overtake this long line of slow cars and this bmw estate just pulls in front of me , so i accelerated hopeing that he would move over not too close ofcause but alas he wanted to race or atleast get away. We went rather fast naughty speeds :p , speed kept on increasing and i was still behind him every now and then this puff of black smoke came out of his exhaust.

I was still pushing him to go faster, everytime my car got too close to him in front i had to back off and then accelerate again to show that i could keep up while keeping the 1 car in front length for safty reasons, my naughty side wanted to undertake but as it wasnt worth i kept behind him.

As i was nearing the petrol station i slowed down to turn off and gave him the finger wave as in ner ner couldnt get away, i could see him in the mirror saying xxxx and shaking his head side to side that i could easily keep up with him.

The car looked like it came straight out the showroom!

Its incredible ever since i had the new boost controller fitted as the old one wasnt working and yesterday got the dizzy cap and rotor arm sorted both had worn away to nothing the car flies it goes upto just over 1bar and tails off just under 1bar. Tomorrow im getting the entire mid section sorted a nice 3" to go with the downpipe and backbox ;)
Paul R

Re: BMW 3.0TD ESTATE V MR2 TURBO

Post by Paul R »

I would think that he was saying f@ck!ing twit, driving constantly right up his ar$e??

Why were you doing that with a diesel anyway? Of course your car is gonna be faster?

Paul.
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

wtf?? i wasnt right up his bum :roll:

The idiot pulled out in front of me , and i wanst RIGHT up his bumper i was
a car length away or a bit more it was fun , if he didnt want to race... why didnt he just pull over.

We are the goody two shoes eh? :-$
Last edited by BLOODUK on Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

BLOODUK wrote:wtf?? i wasnt right up his bum :roll:

The idiot pulled out in front of me , and i wanst RIGHT up his bumper i was
a car length away or a bit more

A car length away at fast naughty speeds?? Your supposed to be 2 seconds apart, not 0.2 seconds!! :P :D

Paul.
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Paul R wrote:
A car length away at fast naughty speeds?? Your supposed to be 2 seconds apart, not 0.2 seconds!! :P :D

Paul.

OH well once someone is mind set on being a wind up its hard to change
, during the situation apart from the speeds nothing i did was unsafe so its all cool.

I enjoyed it \:D/
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Why does it come with a poll? , i think ill vote too :mrgreen:
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

LOL @ POLL

Come on people beat me with a stick , even though your all hypocritical and have raced before I WANT MORE STICK!
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

I think I said it all! :P

Paul.
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

Paul R wrote:I think I said it all! :P

Paul.

Na your just hypocritical , but its a shame i cant be whipped
instead of a stick its much more pleasureable
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

BLOODUK wrote:
Paul R wrote:I think I said it all! :P

Paul.

Na your just hypocritical , but its a shame i cant be whipped
instead of a stick its much more pleasureable

and why am I hypocritical?

Paul.
ryan

Post by ryan »

Paul R wrote:I would think that he was saying f@ck!ing twit, driving constantly right up his bum??

Why were you doing that with a diesel anyway? Of course your car is gonna be faster?

LOL, do you have any idea how much torque those 3 litre diesel BMW units produce? It would rip an n/a to shreads and keep up with a std tubby thro' the gears/ at motorway speeds. The torque delivery on those engines is immense and linear. I know the rev limit is low, but the torque produced at low revs would shame an MR2 turbo :(

Paul.
ryan

Post by ryan »

Paul R wrote:I would think that he was saying f@ck!ing twit, driving constantly right up his bum??

Paul.

LOL, do you have any idea how much torque those 3 litre diesel BMW units produce? It would rip an n/a to shreads and keep up with a std tubby thro' the gears/ at motorway speeds. The torque delivery on those engines is immense and linear. I know the rev limit is low, but the torque produced at low revs would shame an MR2 turbo :(
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

ryan wrote:LOL, do you have any idea how much torque those 3 litre diesel BMW units produce? It would rip an n/a to shreads and keep up with a std tubby thro' the gears/ at motorway speeds. The torque delivery on those engines is immense and linear. I know the rev limit is low, but the torque produced at low revs would shame an MR2 turbo :(

Paul.

Yes, I do.

An Mr2 Turbo should still be faster.

Paul.
Last edited by Paul R on Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

ryan wrote:

Yep exactly , i dont think he got the point of my post... the guy had an expensive bmw probably spent alot on it not just on cleaning, thinking that because it had a huge engine it would do very well. Suddenly get beat by a K reg toyota mr2 he may not have even thought it was a turbo.
MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

ryan wrote:

Paul.

Ryan's right. A simple plug-n-play Unichip for the 5-year-old 3 series 330d can do mid to high 5s for 0-60mph, and is a seriously quick car (close to 400lb/ft that would give - slightly more torque than you could expect from bolt on mods on an MR2! ;) ).

Fair enough, maybe you were quicker than him in your tubby at speeds, but he had luxury to go with it!.

I respect the 3.0d BMWs, and the latest 535d engine (I still think it's a 3litre, but with twin turbos). They really make you rethink what diesels are capable of.
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

MR2Mania wrote:
Ryan's right. A simple plug-n-play Unichip for the 5-year-old 3 series 330d can do mid to high 5s for 0-60mph, and is a seriously quick car (close to 400lb/ft that would give - slightly more torque than you could expect from bolt on mods on an MR2! ;) ).

Fair enough, maybe you were quicker than him in your tubby at speeds, but he had luxury to go with it!.

I respect the 3.0d BMWs, and the latest 535d engine (I still think it's a 3litre, but with twin turbos). They really make you rethink what diesels are capable of.

Glad someone here can have a conversation without going into bash mode!
It certainly was a nice looking BMW from the back he sure did have the luxury, but wish people like that would indicate instead of just pulling out
what if i wasnt looking :|
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

BLOODUK wrote:
MR2Mania wrote:

It certainly was a nice looking BMW from the back he sure did have the luxury, but wish people like that would indicate instead of just pulling out

You'll get a bash in a minute boyo!! ](*,) :D

Your original post came over as you showing off!

Paul.
MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

BLOODUK wrote:

If you weren't looking, then quite simply it would have been your fault!

Although very frustrating when someone pulls out on you without indicating, it just seems the general trend on UK motorways these days that the person on the inside lane can pull over into a faster lane to overtake a slower can in his initial lane regardless of if he's slowing down/blocking the person in the faster lane. It's just one of those things you have to live with if you don't want to drive yourself mad.

Try sitting in the middle lane and see how often sh!tting lorries do this to you, only to take 5 miles to overtake the lorry in front of them, and blocking 2/3rds of motorway traffic in the process! :?

I'm afraid motorway drivers in this country have a LOT to learn from our European counterparts. We've got too selfish an attitude over here.

I think lorries should be banned from overtaking on the motorway, and that they should be forced to leave a 100yard gap between themselves and the vehicle in front. That way, some motorists might stand a chance of actually turning off when they want to! I can totally sympathise with those that are less confident on motorways and hate driving on them. There are a lot of muppets out there!
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

MR2Mania Very true totaly agree!

And Paul R

MY

:mrgreen: :lol:
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

MR2Mania wrote:
BLOODUK wrote:

If you weren't looking, then quite simply it would have been your fault!

Although very frustrating when someone pulls out on you without indicating, it just seems the general trend on UK motorways these days that the person on the inside lane can pull over into a faster lane to overtake a slower can in his initial lane regardless of if he's slowing down/blocking the person in the faster lane. It's just one of those things you have to live with if you don't want to drive yourself mad.

Try sitting in the middle lane and see how often sh!tting lorries do this to you, only to take 5 miles to overtake the lorry in front of them, and blocking 2/3rds of motorway traffic in the process! :?

I'm afraid motorway drivers in this country have a LOT to learn from our European counterparts. We've got too selfish an attitude over here.

I think lorries should be banned from overtaking on the motorway, and that they should be forced to leave a 100yard gap between themselves and the vehicle in front. That way, some motorists might stand a chance of actually turning off when they want to! I can totally sympathise with those that are less confident on motorways and hate driving on them. There are a lot of muppets out there!

Hi,

I dont think that lorries should be banned from overtaking full stop on motorways, but they should be banned from over-taking without a good reason!

I mean, fair enough if there is a large load in front that is going really slow - then overtake....but, as you say, when they overtake just to get in front then they shouldnt be allowed.

not sure how it would be enforced though?

Paul.

Return to “Driving Experiences”