K-sport Coilover Group Buy 2

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

drew3555

K-sport Coilover Group Buy 2

Post by drew3555 »

Sorry, should have opened a new topic when I started another group buy to avoid confusion.

I will update this first posting as people add their names to the list and when I get the confirmed prices from apex. I will also post on the topic on MR2OC website with all the names and details too.

Here goes

1) Drew3555 - PAID (Standard)
2) j17sparky - PAID (Standard)
3) roadnutter - PAID
4) Steve - o - PAID
5) arome
6) Davyboy
7) Weezle
8 ) Englishgary
9) Tomwoodis

Links to some previous discussion about these coilovers
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=66876
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 72&start=0
http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=65041.html

Installation info
http://www.mrtwo.net/mr2modproject/mod/ ... nstall.htm

K-sport Website
http://www.k-sport.co.uk/products.asp?f=coilovers

Price £521.25 inc VAT
Delivery £11.75 inc VAT

Spec - K-Sport 'Road and Track' Normal Coilovers
Pillowball mounts included
One set of adjustable drop links included

Looks like we have cracked the 5 sets, so kev, how much do we get off if we get 10!! :whistle: :thumright:
Last edited by drew3555 on Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 11 times in total.
roadnutter

Re: K-sport Coilover Group Buy 2

Post by roadnutter »

Hi Drew...I'm in if this goes ahead quickly...I can put up with my blown front shock for another few weeks! I'm actually getting quite used to driving with it, rh turns are fine, its the left hookers that get interesting!

I see someone posted this could run at standard ride height which sounds good to me...my bodykit (Veliside...i know old hat ;-) ) makes my car too low already at the front and my work has some very large speedbumps to get over. I already have to take them at a 45 degree angle to keep my bumper intact.

I'd like a bit more info on spring rates also...I'm not overly interested in bouncing along the road as it is mainly used as a road car and our roads in the west of Scotland are not exactly the best, but I do drive hard so would like it a little stiffer than standard! Any suggestions?

The price seems good when you compare it to the likes of Koni adjustables etc as the top mounts / drop links are included.

Cheers James
Kev@K-Sport

Post by Kev@K-Sport »

Hi,
I'm Kev from Apex, I'll be bobbing by and answering any questions you may have on the coilovers, or feel free to PM me about other products eg some nice big brakes :D

Prices will be:
£521.25 for standard non-inverted, with £11.75 postage costs, total £533

Once 5+ people have phone through payment details to 01274 683633 then it will go ahead. We'll have to order them from head office so allow a few weeks from when the final person has left their payment details for the coilovers to get to you.

arome

Post by arome »

im 100% in for the buy but would be good to get some advice on the spring rates as i dont know a great deal about it :-k
roadnutter

Post by roadnutter »

Ok guys,

I've placed my order and it seems I'm the first so come on! I'm still undecided about the spring rates as 4.5 and 7 are quite high.

Kev recommended the 4kg front /6kg rear as a softer setup for mainly road use...could anyone who has these comment on hardness / crashing over potholes etc with the standard fast road/track setup?

Cheers James
drew3555

Post by drew3555 »

Thats me paid too!

Just need 3 more! (Update on here once you have paid please)

Once we reach 5, I will PM the remaining confirmed people for an idea on when they will be able to pay.

After that, the deal will go through, so dont delay, get your name down and ring kev at apex!!
steve---o

k-sport coilovers

Post by steve---o »

:shock:
#
this got on quick, thing is though that i have no idea about the ratio thing everyone is going on about #-o

if someone can explain to me what i would need for just fast(ish) road use then i'll be able to place the order as soon as possible pending a response to a tein advert.

steve---o
drew3555

Post by drew3555 »

Steve, I just told them the type of driving I do & left it with them. Full confirmation will be given when the deal goes through. Value we are referring to is the spring stiffness.

Standard fast road set up is 4.5kg/mm front and 7.2 or 7.0kg/mm rear.

I belive apex are advising a slightly softer set up for cars that will be more for everyday road use of 4.0kg/mm front and 6.0kg/mm rear.

For comparison jonb said the tein HA's are 4kg/mm front and 8kg/mm rear.

Kev, correct me on any of the above if wrong!
Kev@K-Sport

Post by Kev@K-Sport »

To be honest the standard rates will be fine for most people.
We can just soften them up a touch for people who are concerned over the them being to hard. They are aimed at performance rather than comfort though.

Those are the correct spring rates for Tein HA
drew3555

Post by drew3555 »

Sparky has paid too, looks like we should have this deal tied up by early next week, so if you want to get in on it get your name down quick!

Those left to pay, get your wallets out & give kev a ring!!

Cheers! :clap: :thumleft:

Still undecided on spring rate, erring towards standard. I want to drop the car to look good so if i go for a 'soft' spring the suspension will move more & may hit the arches.

Kev, i assume the spring rate will in fact affect the compression of the springs during cornering and braking. The shock absorber settings will affect the ability of the coilovers to absorb bumps and uneven road surfaces.

If thats true then the damper setting is really what defines the feeling of stiffness on a straight bit of road??

If the above sounds right I am going to go for standard springs & tweak the damping to my liking.
Last edited by drew3555 on Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j17sparky

Post by j17sparky »

Ive just gone for the standard. Kev was helpful and polite, really nice doing business with someone who knows and cares about what they are selling. Thumbs up for customer service so far (please dont let me have jinxed myself lol), really wish all companies i deal with were like this!
steve---o

coilovers

Post by steve---o »

just spoke to kev@k-sport on the phone and he was more than helpful.

i'm in people as soon as the bonus shows in the bank within the next week :thumleft:

steve---o
roadnutter

Post by roadnutter »

I've decided to go with the standard rates...I'll phone up on Monday to confirm. I'm sure they can't be that bad!

Looks good that the group buy is going forward quickly!

Cheers James
Kev@K-Sport

Post by Kev@K-Sport »

Guys, I'm getting into trouble for trading on here.
I've paid up and authorised to trade on MR2OC so could you ask me questions over there please.
drew3555

Post by drew3555 »

Sorry Kev,

Link to MR2OC site group buy page

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/ForumsPro/viewto ... tml#639449
KrisB

Post by KrisB »

If i pay up now how long till i receive the coilovers ?
steve---o

coilovers

Post by steve---o »

sorry bud,

this was agea ago now when the thread was started.

got them last week and are on the car now.
KrisB

Post by KrisB »

so is the group buy over then ?
Shamus

Post by Shamus »

I'm in need of new suspension and as the last buys on theses was a while ago i was wondering if they'd be enough intrest to start another need another 4 peeps any takers..??

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”