Here comes my car...

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

axisofunity

Here comes my car...

Post by axisofunity »

Ohhh, car is going into the ICE store *_^ Wednesday to have these things fitted together:

to make a dual screen DVD monster :)

I'll let you know how it goes. I could've done it myself =D> but... I wanted there to be less wires than I could manage!
Sidewinder

Re: Here comes my car...

Post by Sidewinder »

Nice one. What will you be paying for these items (minus the fitting charges)?

Don't forget to post pics of the install when it's done - I've been toying with the idea of sun-shield screens for a while now, but am totally unsure what they'd look like in a '2.
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by axisofunity »

The Sony 10 disc DVD changer was £199 (ex demo). But it's RRP is £599 so I was well chuffed.

The two screens were £135 for the pair including remotes.... They're real TFT LCDs with 7" viewable.

Since my AMP and Headunit are already compat, I think £335+ the postage costs +£30 VAT (charged when imported) on the screens makes a £400 system.

£400 for two screens..... Should be good, also less distracting for the driver, passenger screen can be tilted and angled downwards while the driver screen remains up.

If it's sunny.... then why would you want to watch TV!

Only problem I see is having the T-Bar, wind damage to the screen that would be facing up...
philz

Post by philz »

Bear in mind that those sun visors are pretty deep so when they're in the up position you can see the screens though the T bars (perfect for those thieving scrotes)

Return to “ICE and Security”