Toyota Factory Alarm

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MikeM

Toyota Factory Alarm

Post by MikeM »

Is completely fooked, Does anybody know where the Theft Deterent ECU lives? I think I have blown it when testing the circuit as I had the meter on mA instead of Volts #-o This set the indicators flashing and the dome fuse blew. I replaced this but now the car wont lock using the remote. This all started when my new battery kept draining, I discovered the alarm was working but not the siren. When I removed this it smelt burnt out and the middle blue terminal had melted the plastic. If only I had stopped there ](*,)
Any help would be much appreciated.
Valentino MR2

Re: Toyota Factory Alarm

Post by Valentino MR2 »

It's behind the drivers seat side panel (where the engine hatch release is)
just take the panel off and it should be there.
I had to disconnect mine as it was messing with my remote start
Hope this helps
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Valentino MR2 wrote:It's behind the drivers seat side panel (where the engine hatch release is) just take the panel off and it should be there.
I had to disconnect mine as it was messing with my remote start

No it's not! You're thinking of the immobiliser, which is a completely seperate item to the alarm system. The alarm systems ECU is bolted to the chassis below the stereo. If you need a replacement then I think I have one from a 1998 revision 4 UK car (call me at the office on Monday!).

Best regards,

Patrick Mortell
Rogue Systems Limited
01676 530222
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Thanks for the replies,

I've had a further panic, I went to drive the car and the ABS light was on, the speedo didn't work and to top it all off the dash Volt meter did not indicate that the charging circuit was working. Much running about and stressing later I found that I'd blown the 7.5A fuse in the engine bay fuse box so now everything works but the alarm
Do you have any siren units Patrick? I imagine they'd be a couple of hundred quid from Toyota.

Mike

Return to “Electrical”