Forum real estate

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Aidy

Forum real estate

Post by Aidy »

Could the width of the forum be sorted, cos unless your browser is about 1000pxs wide you need to scroll to the right to see things\read threads.

Also on the profile section the width of the mod sections are restricted to 150.

<td class="catLeft" align="center"><span class="gen"><b>Engine Mods:</b></span></td>
<tr>
<td width="150" align="left"><span class="gen"></td>
</tr>

I assume this is an oversight and easily fixed?
poyntesm

Re: Forum real estate

Post by poyntesm »

Aidy,

Yeah profile stuff was just a mistake.

As for the size needing to be larger...are you talking about when someone posts a long link or just viewing anything.

I view it at 1600x1200 on 23" lcd and looks OK to me... 8)

Just up your resolution. :twisted:
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

It doesn't matter what you're looking at, the site's width is a fixed minimum of about 1000 or so. If you're taking a sneaky peek at work it's a pain having to scroll the browser.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Right I will see if I can do anything about it....although my pure html skills are not amazing. I find the php and DB backend easier to deal with!!!
michael

Post by michael »

Am I losing the plot or was the profile text issue resolved a few days ago?

I'm sure I looked at mine a day or so after this thread and it was OK, just been back in today and it's all squashed again.....
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Aidy wrote:It doesn't matter what you're looking at, the site's width is a fixed minimum of about 1000 or so. If you're taking a sneaky peek at work it's a pain having to scroll the browser.

Should be fixed now.
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

Perfect, cheers :)
michael

Post by michael »

Broken again?
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

michael wrote:Broken again?

The overall width or the profile stuff....to be honest since the profile stuff is disappearing once the garage is completed I will not be bothering to fix it. If it is the overall stuff I will look at it.
michael

Post by michael »

The width of the fields seems to have gone back to being narrow again in profiles.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

michael wrote:The width of the fields seems to have gone back to being narrow again in profiles.

Michael,

I am about two weeks away from having a finished garage code to upload. Think I will leave it and fingers crossed the garage will prove to be a hit. Have you tried it since I added image uploading...still lots to do but really starting to show what it will work like now.
michael

Post by michael »

I got your email re the new updates but you didn't give the URL to the test forum and it's slipped my mind... I'll get on the case though :)
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

michael wrote:I got your email re the new updates but you didn't give the URL to the test forum and it's slipped my mind... I'll get on the case though :)

http://www.13awingfield.com/imoc/forums/garage.php

Thanks..
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

michael wrote:The width of the fields seems to have gone back to being narrow again in profiles.

Decided it was worth fixing....so should all be OK in the profile section now. Fingers crossed that will be the last change before the garage hits the big time.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”