sub/amp packages any good ???

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Grant

sub/amp packages any good ???

Post by Grant »

what do you guys/gals think of some of these sub/amp packages (was looking at 2x 12" sub and amp deals..

as i havnt got much money at the mo though it didnt look to bad. or should i just wait ????

i was gonna build my own boxes too (unless anyone has any for sale) and maybe inc my satnav unit in a separate shelf inc withing the box..
GAZ

Re: sub/amp packages any good ???

Post by GAZ »

Hello Grant

I have installed a 12" Pro Plus sub in a custom made box behind the passenger sit. It is 500 watt sub and it sounds fantastic. No need to upgrade the other speakers or anything, it sounds brilliant.

Although my passengers don't appreciate it as much as I do! :lol:
Ian Geary

Post by Ian Geary »

I think the packages are a good deal in money terms - they're usually trying to clear out slow stock, or get ready for next year's line (oh so cynical) so why not pick them up cheap?

Save a bit of cash for a wiring kit, else you'll be running into interference problems (see last post in this forum).

You might also want to double check the air volume required by your subs - the 12" custom boxes behind the seat might be a bit tight for some 12" subs.

Personally, I think 2 x 12" in my 2 would be a bit OTT for my tender ears, but each to their own I say :lol:

good luck with it

ian
Tallbloke

Post by Tallbloke »

GAZ wrote:Hello Grant

I have installed a 12" Pro Plus sub in a custom made box behind the passenger sit. It is 500 watt sub and it sounds fantastic. No need to upgrade the other speakers or anything, it sounds brilliant.

Although my passengers don't appreciate it as much as I do! :lol:

Gaz you got any pictures of your sub box etc as I've got a 12 here and was thinking of trading it in. However if you have got yours to fit - the misses is only short so doesn't bother me
GAZ

Post by GAZ »

Alright tallbloke

How tall are you then? :lol:

I will try and get some pics done at the weekend and I will put them on here.
Tallbloke

Post by Tallbloke »

cheers mate :D

as for how tall 6 ft 5 inches...... just squeeze in my 2.... :twisted:
Hurstie1981

Post by Hurstie1981 »

Me too, im same height!

I just about fit in, and head scrapes on the winter blinds for my t-bar! Ah well!
Tallbloke

Post by Tallbloke »

Hurstie1981 wrote:Me too, im same height!

I just about fit in, and head scrapes on the winter blinds for my t-bar! Ah well!

aye - keeps fluffing up my hair :evil:
GAZ

Post by GAZ »

Hello Tallbloke

Bloody hell that is tall. I'm only 5ft 10 1/2 so I fit in fine. Do you have a T-bar roof and does your head stick out of the top?

I can't work out how to upload pictures mate.

I will try again this weekend.

Sorry for the delay I will get them on somehow.
Tallbloke

Post by Tallbloke »

Well you can email me them & I'll host em if you like.

email me at chris_morle @ yahoo.co.uk (remove the spaves before and after the @ symbol)

Return to “ICE and Security”