Hazard lights

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

hobbes

Hazard lights

Post by hobbes »

This may sound like a really dumb question - but isn't the hazard light button on the dashboard supposed to light up or something when your outside lights are on (or flash when you turn the hazards on)? I only noticed late last night that mine does neither after I came across some daft bint who'd just 180'd her mum's new Ford Ka and thrown it into a soggy ditch, and I couldn't find the button until I turned my interior lights on.

If it's supposed to glow or flash or something, is it a dashboard off job to replace/fix?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: Hazard lights

Post by Lauren »

No not necessarily.

It would help to know what car you have (no info in your profile).

On a MK1 there is no light for the hazards, not sure if its any different for the MK2, but either way its not necessary.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

On the mk2 they should be lit up when your lights are on.
I don't think the button flashes though when you press it.
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

I've got a Mk2 Rev2. Sorry, I've been having a bit of bother updating my profile as I didn't actualy have an MR2 when I joined the forum.

I'll have a look at what's involved at the weekend. If it looks like a nightmare of a job, I'll just leave it until I have to take the dash off for something else too. The kids have got those little glow in the dark stars plastered all over their room - maybe I'll just pinch one and stick it on the button in the meantime.

Thanks guys.
DeusMR2

Post by DeusMR2 »

I think they do flash aswell when theyre on(?). Its not that hard to get to at all, simply take the centre dash out (plenty of faqs about this on the net!), pull the ciggerate lighter and hazard switch plug from behind and then all you have to do is pull the hazard warning module bit out of the dash from behind. Then you can replace the bulb or whatever :D
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

Cool!

Like I said, I'll give it a bash at the weekend. I don't use the car for work, so at this time of year the weekend is the only time I get to see the thing in daylight.
Alex_Dunn

Post by Alex_Dunn »

YEA I SWEAR IT FLASHES WHEN TURNED ON soz caps lock

Return to “Electrical”