Quick Vids from Anglesey

Your videos from MR2 events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BenF
Premium Member

Quick Vids from Anglesey

Post by BenF »

Hi All,

Just got home (9 1/2 hour journey!) and been grabbing some clips from the footage that was taken using my camera rig today and encoding it whilst I've been unpacking.

More will go up on Friday evening - specifically:

- MR2 Parade lap
- Following / passing Mk1s and Mk2s (Tom, me, Anna&Speedy)
- Laps in Si Cook's SC (complete with backfires on the over-run )

Just to whet your appetite in the meanwhile I've had a quick search through one of the three tapes and got the below :mrgreen:

Anna causing Garrick to OD on Adrenaline when she decided to get a closer look at the Marshalls at Radar ..

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_O ... _radar.wmv (10MB, very high quality)

I did have a great shot of Garrick's hands shaking after he got out of the car as was telling us about the above 'off' :lol: but it looks like was recorded over accidentally :?

And some laps of the circuit, all around 7MB at 'just' high quality:

A tidy lap earlier in that session with Anna:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_O ... na_lap.wmv (7MB)

Alex doing a lap in the same car, nice goonage around the Hairpin and at Abbotts O:)

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_O ... ex_lap.wmv (

Tom ( Icsunonove ) with A032R's on his car - We finally passed a hugely slow 355 who wasn't checking his mirrors and got a clear lap in. The car felt surprisingly progressive given that it was running cut slicks. <Hmm, how much are a set of A032s for 14" rims...?>

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_Oct05/Tom_lap.wmv

And a random lap of mine, looking at it certainly not one of my better ones of the day, but it will do for now. I'd been experimenting with soem different camera angles - this one was taken with the camera on the sunroof, pointing forwards:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_O ... ra_top.wmv

After doing that lap I made a note not to try to ride the kerbs on the way out of Douglas ;)
BenF
Premium Member

Re: Quick Vids from Anglesey

Post by BenF »

And another clip quickly ...

One lap with Anna following in her SC - you can see her 4 wheel drift it through the Hairpin. I mis-shift on the way into Abbotts which causes a massive fishtail up into Radar. :mrgreen:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_O ... k_anna.wmv
MartG

Post by MartG »

Excellent footage there Ben ! Good to see the weather stayed fine for the Sunday too.

Oh, and for anyone timing their laps from the videos, an interesting comparison may be that on 5th Gear VBH in an Audi TT did a 1m 4 s lap :wink:
tonigmr2

Post by tonigmr2 »

Nine and a half hours Ben - did you walk back??!!! :shock:

Nice vids.
T
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

excellent footage, anglsey looks like a lot of fun
ldavies83

Post by ldavies83 »

Thanks for the rides guys, really great fun, wanna get mine out on the track next time!

Footage is great, its a shame the camera was pointing forwards when the S2000 went bang, would have made some great footage!

I have some piccies, but alas my camera skills are really quite bad, I think I'll wait until Esmond gets his online!
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

9.5 hours! What happened?
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

I got in at Midnight, bed a little later. Effectively I drove from the most Westerly point of the UK to the most Easterly.

OK, checking again my maths was a little wonky - I was feeling a bit second hand when I finally got home

Say 4pm set off, and Midnight home - that's still 8 hours, but that includes a couple of stops. I think we arrived at the M6 toll services at about 8.30 after being held up in slow traffic on the M56 and M6.

Its a 310 mile trip door to door for me, so at 70mph it would have taken ~5 hours without stops.

It is a heck of a journey to Anglesey for me, but the circuit makes it all very worthwhile - it has to be the most enjoyable one in the UK. That must have been the 7th or 8th trackday I've done there, and I'm still finding extra speed and new lines through corners.

As for laptimes - I clocked some of the SC's at 56-58 seconds on a clear lap looking at footage last night - my NA is also under a minute. I'll double check those later given my dodgy maffs above ;) ...

Lardy 4wd TT's only manage 0-60 in just under 7 seconds, so I'm not surprised the SCs and even NAs are much quicker.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

ldavies83 wrote:Thanks for the rides guys, really great fun, wanna get mine out on the track next time!

Footage is great, its a shame the camera was pointing forwards when the S2000 went bang, would have made some great footage!

I have some piccies, but alas my camera skills are really quite bad, I think I'll wait until Esmond gets his online!

Yes, that S2000 sounded fantastic on track, but as the saying goes - your car runs its best ... just before it goes bang :shock:

It lunched its engine just behind me on the pit straight - I had pulled over to let him through and in my rear view mirror I saw it explode into a ball of white smoke, with large bits bouncing alongside the car.

I initally thought he'd had a massive tyre blow-out but realised with that much smoke/steam it was more serious .. and started my cool down lap then as it had to be a red flag.
Lauren
Premium Member

Post by Lauren »

MartG wrote:Excellent footage there Ben ! Good to see the weather stayed fine for the Sunday too.

Oh, and for anyone timing their laps from the videos, an interesting comparison may be that on 5th Gear VBH in an Audi TT did a 1m 4 s lap :wink:

my best lap round angeresea is 54.12 in my old SC. I should add however that mine was timed on a private track day. As we all know BaT policy when it comes to timing. ;)
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

BenF wrote:I got in at Midnight, bed a little later. Effectively I drove from the most Westerly point of the UK to the most Easterly.

OK, checking again my maths was a little wonky - I was feeling a bit second hand when I finally got home

Say 4pm set off, and Midnight home - that's still 8 hours, but that includes a couple of stops. I think we arrived at the M6 toll services at about 8.30 after being held up in slow traffic on the M56 and M6.

Ah ok, I got in just gone 11- after the services I made pretty good time as traffic had mostly gone. As you say, quite a trek, but I'll definitely be doing it again! :)
ldavies83

Post by ldavies83 »

It was good to see you Steve, You really know how to sling a go cart around corners with maximum squeal ;)
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

Hehe, good meeting you too *rubs tummy whilst blankly staring into distance reminiscing about chocolate cake*
ldavies83

Post by ldavies83 »

Goto10 wrote:Hehe, good meeting you too *rubs tummy whilst blankly staring into distance reminiscing about chocolate cake*

GLOL
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

great to get some vids online so quick. showed everyone at work. they thought i must be mad to do a track day - how well they know me :twisted:
watching again makes me wish i was back there.....
what a top weekend!
MartG

Post by MartG »

mr2mk1chick wrote:
watching again makes me wish i was back there.....
what a top weekend!

Yep - roll on the next IMOC day \:D/

( if I wasn't skint after buying the Mk2, I'd probably have taken tomorrow off and gone to Three Sisters too :lol: )
Lauren
Premium Member

Post by Lauren »

Yep was a top weekend. Must apologise to Steve (Goto10) for the atrocious session when i took him out in my car..

We seemed to have caterhamitis resulting in me having to avoid a collision through school, two laps running. The caterham guy apoligised afterwards!

still i went out after that and just tried to put some quick laps in, car felt much better as the tyres gradually warmed up the car got more and more goonable, which made it quite fun. Think i was trying to force it a bit too much on the first few laps with a car that didn't want to play. Still was an experience going straight on at School! ;)
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

Lauren wrote:Yep was a top weekend. Must apologise to Steve (Goto10) for the atrocious session when i took him out in my car..

We seemed to have caterhamitis resulting in me having to avoid a collision through school, two laps running. The caterham guy apoligised afterwards!

still i went out after that and just tried to put some quick laps in, car felt much better as the tyres gradually warmed up the car got more and more goonable, which made it quite fun. Think i was trying to force it a bit too much on the first few laps with a car that didn't want to play. Still was an experience going straight on at School! ;)

lol, don't worry I could see what was happening, that cat guy was on another planet!
I must admit to missing a heartbeat on our 4x4 style expedition! You kept very cool about it though, I thought we were going to sail onwards with zero grip but no where near as bad as I'd envisaged.
Even without those moments it was the most fun passenger ride I've had to date :)
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

BenF wrote:Hi All,

Just got home (9 1/2 hour journey!) and been grabbing some clips from the footage that was taken using my camera rig today and encoding it whilst I've been unpacking.

More will go up on Friday evening - specifically:

- MR2 Parade lap
- Following / passing Mk1s and Mk2s (Tom, me, Anna&Speedy)
- Laps in Si Cook's SC (complete with backfires on the over-run )

Just to whet your appetite in the meanwhile I've had a quick search through one of the three tapes and got the below :mrgreen:

Anna causing Garrick to OD on Adrenaline when she decided to get a closer look at the Marshalls at Radar ..

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_O ... _radar.wmv (10MB, very high quality)

I did have a great shot of Garrick's hands shaking after he got out of the car as was telling us about the above 'off' :lol: but it looks like was recorded over accidentally :?

And some laps of the circuit, all around 7MB at 'just' high quality:

A tidy lap earlier in that session with Anna:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_O ... na_lap.wmv (7MB)

Alex doing a lap in the same car, nice goonage around the Hairpin and at Abbotts O:)

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_O ... ex_lap.wmv (

Tom ( Icsunonove ) with A032R's on his car - We finally passed a hugely slow 355 who wasn't checking his mirrors and got a clear lap in. The car felt surprisingly progressive given that it was running cut slicks. <Hmm, how much are a set of A032s for 14" rims...?>

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_Oct05/Tom_lap.wmv

And a random lap of mine, looking at it certainly not one of my better ones of the day, but it will do for now. I'd been experimenting with soem different camera angles - this one was taken with the camera on the sunroof, pointing forwards:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_O ... ra_top.wmv

After doing that lap I made a note not to try to ride the kerbs on the way out of Douglas ;)

the buzzy sc's sound great, never heard one being hustled along before :wink:
Last edited by Quigonjay on Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anna

Post by anna »

Just got back... last ones I think

Cheers for lending us your camera ben! I tried my hardest to be lairy ;) (sorry Garrick)

Excellent weekend :D cheers to everyone who made it happen, and those who came - was top fun!

Return to “Event Videos”