www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Quick Vids from Anglesey
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Events -> Event Videos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BenF
Premium Member



Joined: 13 Dec 2004
Posts: 10768
Location: Ipswich
Feedback Score: 5

2003 Toyota MR2 Mk3 Roadster Turbo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Quick Vids from Anglesey Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi All,

Just got home (9 1/2 hour journey!) and been grabbing some clips from the footage that was taken using my camera rig today and encoding it whilst I've been unpacking.

More will go up on Friday evening - specifically:

- MR2 Parade lap
- Following / passing Mk1s and Mk2s (Tom, me, Anna&Speedy)
- Laps in Si Cook's SC (complete with backfires on the over-run )

Just to whet your appetite in the meanwhile I've had a quick search through one of the three tapes and got the below [Mr. Green]

Anna causing Garrick to OD on Adrenaline when she decided to get a closer look at the Marshalls at Radar ..

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_Oct05/Anna_radar.wmv (10MB, very high quality)

I did have a great shot of Garrick's hands shaking after he got out of the car as was telling us about the above 'off' [Laughing] but it looks like was recorded over accidentally [Confused]

And some laps of the circuit, all around 7MB at 'just' high quality:

A tidy lap earlier in that session with Anna:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_Oct05/anna_lap.wmv (7MB)

Alex doing a lap in the same car, nice goonage around the Hairpin and at Abbotts [Angel]

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_Oct05/Alex_lap.wmv (

Tom ( Icsunonove ) with A032R's on his car - We finally passed a hugely slow 355 who wasn't checking his mirrors and got a clear lap in. The car felt surprisingly progressive given that it was running cut slicks. <Hmm, how much are a set of A032s for 14" rims...?>

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_Oct05/Tom_lap.wmv

And a random lap of mine, looking at it certainly not one of my better ones of the day, but it will do for now. I'd been experimenting with soem different camera angles - this one was taken with the camera on the sunroof, pointing forwards:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_Oct05/ben_camera_top.wmv

After doing that lap I made a note not to try to ride the kerbs on the way out of Douglas [Wink]
Back to top
User is offline 
BenF
Premium Member



Joined: 13 Dec 2004
Posts: 10768
Location: Ipswich
Feedback Score: 5

2003 Toyota MR2 Mk3 Roadster Turbo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

And another clip quickly ...

One lap with Anna following in her SC - you can see her 4 wheel drift it through the Hairpin. I mis-shift on the way into Abbotts which causes a massive fishtail up into Radar. [Mr. Green]

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_Oct05/Ben_lap_cameraback_anna.wmv
Back to top
User is offline 
MartG




Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Posts: 6028
Location: Poulton le Fylde, Blackpool
Feedback Score: 4



PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Excellent footage there Ben ! Good to see the weather stayed fine for the Sunday too.

Oh, and for anyone timing their laps from the videos, an interesting comparison may be that on 5th Gear VBH in an Audi TT did a 1m 4 s lap [Wink]
Back to top
User is offline 
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee



Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Posts: 18038
Location: Here
Feedback Score: 31

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Nine and a half hours Ben - did you walk back??!!! [Shocked]

Nice vids.
T
_________________
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=16
Back to top
User is offline 
Quigonjay
Premium Member



Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 11293
Location: Blackburn
Feedback Score: 33

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

excellent footage, anglsey looks like a lot of fun
Back to top
User is offline 
ldavies83




Joined: 24 Mar 2005
Posts: 1096
Location: Near Aberystwyth, Wales
Feedback Score: 0

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thanks for the rides guys, really great fun, wanna get mine out on the track next time!

Footage is great, its a shame the camera was pointing forwards when the S2000 went bang, would have made some great footage!

I have some piccies, but alas my camera skills are really quite bad, I think I'll wait until Esmond gets his online!
Back to top
User is offline 
Goto10
Premium Member



Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Posts: 3010
Location: Essex
Feedback Score: 2

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

9.5 hours! What happened?
Back to top
User is offline 
BenF
Premium Member



Joined: 13 Dec 2004
Posts: 10768
Location: Ipswich
Feedback Score: 5

2003 Toyota MR2 Mk3 Roadster Turbo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I got in at Midnight, bed a little later. Effectively I drove from the most Westerly point of the UK to the most Easterly.

OK, checking again my maths was a little wonky - I was feeling a bit second hand when I finally got home

Say 4pm set off, and Midnight home - that's still 8 hours, but that includes a couple of stops. I think we arrived at the M6 toll services at about 8.30 after being held up in slow traffic on the M56 and M6.

Its a 310 mile trip door to door for me, so at 70mph it would have taken ~5 hours without stops.

It is a heck of a journey to Anglesey for me, but the circuit makes it all very worthwhile - it has to be the most enjoyable one in the UK. That must have been the 7th or 8th trackday I've done there, and I'm still finding extra speed and new lines through corners.

As for laptimes - I clocked some of the SC's at 56-58 seconds on a clear lap looking at footage last night - my NA is also under a minute. I'll double check those later given my dodgy maffs above [Wink] ...

Lardy 4wd TT's only manage 0-60 in just under 7 seconds, so I'm not surprised the SCs and even NAs are much quicker.
Back to top
User is offline 
BenF
Premium Member



Joined: 13 Dec 2004
Posts: 10768
Location: Ipswich
Feedback Score: 5

2003 Toyota MR2 Mk3 Roadster Turbo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

ldavies83 wrote:
Thanks for the rides guys, really great fun, wanna get mine out on the track next time!

Footage is great, its a shame the camera was pointing forwards when the S2000 went bang, would have made some great footage!

I have some piccies, but alas my camera skills are really quite bad, I think I'll wait until Esmond gets his online!


Yes, that S2000 sounded fantastic on track, but as the saying goes - your car runs its best ... just before it goes bang [Shocked]

It lunched its engine just behind me on the pit straight - I had pulled over to let him through and in my rear view mirror I saw it explode into a ball of white smoke, with large bits bouncing alongside the car.

I initally thought he'd had a massive tyre blow-out but realised with that much smoke/steam it was more serious .. and started my cool down lap then as it had to be a red flag.
Back to top
User is offline 
Lauren
IMOC Committee



Joined: 13 Dec 2004
Posts: 38588
Location: Greater Manchester
Feedback Score: 0



PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

MartG wrote:
Excellent footage there Ben ! Good to see the weather stayed fine for the Sunday too.

Oh, and for anyone timing their laps from the videos, an interesting comparison may be that on 5th Gear VBH in an Audi TT did a 1m 4 s lap [Wink]



my best lap round angeresea is 54.12 in my old SC. I should add however that mine was timed on a private track day. As we all know BaT policy when it comes to timing. [Wink]
_________________
2013 GT86 Injen Induction. Volks Racing TE37s & TRD Aero Fins, Mega sounds. TEIN Street Flex 5/6kg, TEIN EDFC Active Pro. Tuning Developments Remap 4-1 Manifold, TD resonated exhaust, decat/overpipe, AP Racing 4 Pot front brakes. [lover]
Back to top
User is offline 
Goto10
Premium Member



Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Posts: 3010
Location: Essex
Feedback Score: 2

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

BenF wrote:
I got in at Midnight, bed a little later. Effectively I drove from the most Westerly point of the UK to the most Easterly.

OK, checking again my maths was a little wonky - I was feeling a bit second hand when I finally got home

Say 4pm set off, and Midnight home - that's still 8 hours, but that includes a couple of stops. I think we arrived at the M6 toll services at about 8.30 after being held up in slow traffic on the M56 and M6.


Ah ok, I got in just gone 11- after the services I made pretty good time as traffic had mostly gone. As you say, quite a trek, but I'll definitely be doing it again! [Smile]
Back to top
User is offline 
ldavies83




Joined: 24 Mar 2005
Posts: 1096
Location: Near Aberystwyth, Wales
Feedback Score: 0

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

It was good to see you Steve, You really know how to sling a go cart around corners with maximum squeal [Wink]
Back to top
User is offline 
Goto10
Premium Member



Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Posts: 3010
Location: Essex
Feedback Score: 2

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hehe, good meeting you too *rubs tummy whilst blankly staring into distance reminiscing about chocolate cake*
Back to top
User is offline 
ldavies83




Joined: 24 Mar 2005
Posts: 1096
Location: Near Aberystwyth, Wales
Feedback Score: 0

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Goto10 wrote:
Hehe, good meeting you too *rubs tummy whilst blankly staring into distance reminiscing about chocolate cake*


GLOL
Back to top
User is offline 
mr2mk1chick
Premium Member



Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 4079
Location: Leicester
Feedback Score: 3

1988 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

great to get some vids online so quick. showed everyone at work. they thought i must be mad to do a track day - how well they know me [Twisted Evil]
watching again makes me wish i was back there.....
what a top weekend!
Back to top
User is offline 
MartG




Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Posts: 6028
Location: Poulton le Fylde, Blackpool
Feedback Score: 4



PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

mr2mk1chick wrote:

watching again makes me wish i was back there.....
what a top weekend!


Yep - roll on the next IMOC day [Dancing]

( if I wasn't skint after buying the Mk2, I'd probably have taken tomorrow off and gone to Three Sisters too [Laughing] )
Back to top
User is offline 
Lauren
IMOC Committee



Joined: 13 Dec 2004
Posts: 38588
Location: Greater Manchester
Feedback Score: 0



PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yep was a top weekend. Must apologise to Steve (Goto10) for the atrocious session when i took him out in my car..

We seemed to have caterhamitis resulting in me having to avoid a collision through school, two laps running. The caterham guy apoligised afterwards!

still i went out after that and just tried to put some quick laps in, car felt much better as the tyres gradually warmed up the car got more and more goonable, which made it quite fun. Think i was trying to force it a bit too much on the first few laps with a car that didn't want to play. Still was an experience going straight on at School! [Wink]
Back to top
User is offline 
Goto10
Premium Member



Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Posts: 3010
Location: Essex
Feedback Score: 2

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Lauren wrote:
Yep was a top weekend. Must apologise to Steve (Goto10) for the atrocious session when i took him out in my car..

We seemed to have caterhamitis resulting in me having to avoid a collision through school, two laps running. The caterham guy apoligised afterwards!

still i went out after that and just tried to put some quick laps in, car felt much better as the tyres gradually warmed up the car got more and more goonable, which made it quite fun. Think i was trying to force it a bit too much on the first few laps with a car that didn't want to play. Still was an experience going straight on at School! [Wink]


lol, don't worry I could see what was happening, that cat guy was on another planet!
I must admit to missing a heartbeat on our 4x4 style expedition! You kept very cool about it though, I thought we were going to sail onwards with zero grip but no where near as bad as I'd envisaged.
Even without those moments it was the most fun passenger ride I've had to date [Smile]
Back to top
User is offline 
Quigonjay
Premium Member



Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 11293
Location: Blackburn
Feedback Score: 33

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick Vids from Anglesey Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

BenF wrote:
Hi All,

Just got home (9 1/2 hour journey!) and been grabbing some clips from the footage that was taken using my camera rig today and encoding it whilst I've been unpacking.

More will go up on Friday evening - specifically:

- MR2 Parade lap
- Following / passing Mk1s and Mk2s (Tom, me, Anna&Speedy)
- Laps in Si Cook's SC (complete with backfires on the over-run )

Just to whet your appetite in the meanwhile I've had a quick search through one of the three tapes and got the below [Mr. Green]

Anna causing Garrick to OD on Adrenaline when she decided to get a closer look at the Marshalls at Radar ..

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_Oct05/Anna_radar.wmv (10MB, very high quality)

I did have a great shot of Garrick's hands shaking after he got out of the car as was telling us about the above 'off' [Laughing] but it looks like was recorded over accidentally [Confused]

And some laps of the circuit, all around 7MB at 'just' high quality:

A tidy lap earlier in that session with Anna:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_Oct05/anna_lap.wmv (7MB)

Alex doing a lap in the same car, nice goonage around the Hairpin and at Abbotts [Angel]

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_Oct05/Alex_lap.wmv (

Tom ( Icsunonove ) with A032R's on his car - We finally passed a hugely slow 355 who wasn't checking his mirrors and got a clear lap in. The car felt surprisingly progressive given that it was running cut slicks. <Hmm, how much are a set of A032s for 14" rims...?>

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_Oct05/Tom_lap.wmv

And a random lap of mine, looking at it certainly not one of my better ones of the day, but it will do for now. I'd been experimenting with soem different camera angles - this one was taken with the camera on the sunroof, pointing forwards:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_Oct05/ben_camera_top.wmv

After doing that lap I made a note not to try to ride the kerbs on the way out of Douglas [Wink]


the buzzy sc's sound great, never heard one being hustled along before [Wink]


Last edited by Quigonjay on Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
User is offline 
anna




Joined: 21 Dec 2004
Posts: 6105
Location: Warwickshire
Feedback Score: 6



PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Just got back... last ones I think

Cheers for lending us your camera ben! I tried my hardest to be lairy [Wink] (sorry Garrick)

Excellent weekend [Very Happy] cheers to everyone who made it happen, and those who came - was top fun!
Back to top
User is offline 
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Events -> Event Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group