fuel in turbo activator

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bill Ross
Premium Member

fuel in turbo activator

Post by Bill Ross »

i have recently rebuilt a 1994 mr2 w20 turbo and reinstalled the engine and to the best of my knowledge reinstalled as removed the plumbers nightmare of harnesses and pipework using over two hundred photos taken as it was stripped Upon coming to start the engine it fired first turn of the key but to my horror proceeded to send fuel through the induction and turbo system
HELP has anyone encountered this before as whilst i think i have reinstalled as removed it is certainly not impossble that i have crossed something
Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated :?: :?:
rossonza
Premium Member

Re: fuel in turbo activator

Post by rossonza »

Bill Ross wrote:i have recently rebuilt a 1994 mr2 w20 turbo and reinstalled the engine and to the best of my knowledge reinstalled as removed the plumbers nightmare of harnesses and pipework using over two hundred photos taken as it was stripped Upon coming to start the engine it fired first turn of the key but to my horror proceeded to send fuel through the induction and turbo system
HELP has anyone encountered this before as whilst i think i have reinstalled as removed it is certainly not impossble that i have crossed something
Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated :?: :?:

have a look at the fuel rail, and ensure both the feed and return go back towards the tank, from memory they go to the fuel filter on passenger side under the stock airbox location.

ensure you havnt connected a fuel feed/return line to a breather that goes into the stock intake pipes (which is what it actually sounds like if im reading this right).
jimGTS

Re: fuel in turbo activator

Post by jimGTS »

Fuel pressure is attached via banjo bolts, so will likely be a return line hooked up wrong.

Follow your return lines from the fuel rail, this should go back straight to the tank.

I wouldn't like to speculate damage caused, but thankfully fuel evaporates quickly.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”