[Mk2] [Turbo] Intercooler pipe help.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bear87

[Mk2] [Turbo] Intercooler pipe help.

Post by Bear87 »

Hi guys,

Im after some advice on what ic piping i will need.
Im going to run the Japspeed side mount intercooler for now and it provides piping upto the factory hot pipe. I want to lose the factory pipe as want to tidy up the engine bay.
I will be using the ct26 turbo for now.
I also have a t piece that holds my bailey bov so this would have to fit in on the run
Does anyone know what pieces i need and if reducers are required?
I was assuming 2.5" 90 deg bend out of the turbo and a 300mm length may do it? Im not with the car for a week and can't measure up. I was hoping to order parts for when i am home.
Thanks in advance
platmatt8

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Intercooler pipe help.

Post by platmatt8 »

If you have a look on eBay there are pipes and kits for this exact task.
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

platmatt8 wrote:If you have a look on eBay there are pipes and kits for this exact task.

Thanks platmatt8

I have searched through ebay i could buy a universal kit at £80+ but im sure i will only need two pipes and would be alot cheaper to buy individually. The only solid pipes i have come across have the bov fitting included and this is what im trying to avoid.

Many thanks
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

What I was thinking is buy the hot pipe and elbows kit and cut out the stock BOV and replace with your silicone T piece and bailey BOV.

Return to “Modifications”