[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 5 spoiler

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Dilly

[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 5 spoiler

Post by Dilly »

Im thinking of changing my spoiler for a stock Rev 5 one. Ive seen that some have a carbon blade. They look really good imo

Does anyone know where I can get hold of one?

Ideally id rather it wasn't fibreglass..

:thumleft:
MR22

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 5 spoiler

Post by MR22 »

Hi there.

Sorry I cannot help with locating a Rev 5 Combat Spoiler. It's a question of being patient and keeping an eye on eBay, Facebook etc. Then if you see one expect a £300 or there abouts price ticket and buy it quickly! Another thing is to consider the cost of paint matching too.

I had the same idea of changing to one some years ago. I bought one and then changed my mind and moved it on. Then I thought about it again. Bought another and again changed my mind etc.

I'm happy I did now as I feel that the Rev 5 spoiler looks the most dated one out of the 3 that were fitted to the Mk2. My thoughts are stick with the one you have - It's subtle and suits the car more than either of the other fittings.

Just my opinion. :)
Dilly

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Rev 5 spoiler

Post by Dilly »

Late reply :oops:

I currently have a toms style spoiler which has a crack in it (fibreglass).

Hence wanting a spoiler that's not fibreglass, they just crack over time from the flexing & vibration.

I actually really like the Rev 5 spoiler, but would rather it was an oem part than a copy.
Always wanted an MR2 with a TRD spoiler, but now I actually own one I think the TRD is a bit overkill!
Ideally I'd like a Rev 5 with colour coded end plates and a carbon blade.

I'll keep my eyes out for one.. :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”