Brake choices? Decision made with recommendation :)

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

timmomr2

Brake choices? Decision made with recommendation :)

Post by timmomr2 »

Afternoon all.

I have been running my Rev 3 turbo for a few months now after having it off the road for the best part of 6 years.

It certainly is time for new discs and pads but I'm unsure of what to get or where from now. Currently I have carbotech pads with discs from cam skill but unsure of what I should get now or where from?

The car isn't running mega power about 320 and is mainly used on the road however will become more off a track car soon.

Any suggestions would be great :)
Last edited by timmomr2 on Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Race Idiot

Re: Brake choices? Decision made with recommendation :)

Post by Race Idiot »

I use carbotech XP8 on track and they cope well, I've managed to boil the fluid before the pads.

I found that it's better to deal with carbotech directly http://www.carbotech-europe.com/

Give em a call the guy there is very helpful.

Discs, eh just get em from anywhere obviously just don't get the cheapest but decent branded ones will do. Don't bother with grooved or drilled.
timmomr2

Post by timmomr2 »

Cheers for that, can't remember where I got them from last time and they don't seem to be available from any retailers. I'll gice them a call best bet to get the right ones I'm guessing :)
timmomr2

Post by timmomr2 »

Thought it would be worth a mention, carbotech guys on the phone were great. They did look after me a little on the price very quick delivery good service and confident that they have some of the best pads on the market :)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”