ABS woahs

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Keelanw

ABS woahs

Post by Keelanw »

Hi all. So my 95 rev3 turbo has an abs light on. Im getting no codes up when running diagnostics. Ive measured the resistance of the 4 abs sensors.
Front abs sensors are showing up 988 for driver side and 990 for oassenger side which sound right and consistent. The trouble im having is im getting no reasing from either of the rear abs sensors. The wiring seems good condition the pins in the plugs arent loose and no fuses blown.

Am i just in bad look that both are gone or could there be something else causing me to not get readings from the rear ones? Any help is appreciated guys. Thanks
rgb

Re: ABS woahs

Post by rgb »

search for Stephen mason mr2
Keelanw

Post by Keelanw »

rgb wrote:search for Stephen mason mr2

Thanks rgb, i had a look at the website. Very helpful! Im away on holidays at the moment but will try out the guidelines he describes when im back and post how i get on.
Keelanw

Post by Keelanw »

So i followed the guide on checking abs codes and im getting 35 which means rear right or front left abs sensor. Very handy guide to know it definitly saved me hours of headaches.

Next question now is, are all mk2 rear abs sensors the same? Eg is 92 the same as 98 vice versa?
rgb

Post by rgb »

spray all the plugs with contact cleaner and reset the codes a few times is an open a broken wire or a bad connection have a look on mr2ben to see if the years are the same
Keelanw

Post by Keelanw »

Update on this eventualy had the time to go at it. My rear drivers abs sensor, when testing it at the plug was getting no reading so i cut the wire coming out of the sensor about 4 inches and tested the sensor there and was getting a reading of 966 ohms so clear as day it was the cable that was at fault. Not suprising when you look at the abs sensor wire and the sharp twist and loops toyota have in it. I just crimped in new wire and that abs sensor is now working as should.

My rear passenger abs sensor is completely f**ked so have an is200 one ordered hoping it will do the trick and save me 250 quid 😂
Keelanw

Post by Keelanw »

Success at last!! Ordered a used second hand is200 abs sensor off of ebay for 20 quid delivered. Cut off the is200 plug and connected the mr2 plug and voilaw 👌 abs light went off straight away! Hope this thread might help someone else if there having trouble with abs sensors and not in a position to splash out 250+ quid for one.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

nice fix :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”