[Mk2] [Turbo] Front caliper rebuild kit

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

rossonza
Premium Member

[Mk2] [Turbo] Front caliper rebuild kit

Post by rossonza »

Hi guys. My turbo has a lightly sticking caliper so figured I'd fix it properly and rebuild it using a big red kit.

I was about to order when I remembered I had to order different pads for the marking on my rear calipers

Should this kit fit my front rev 2 turbo caliper? Are the markings only for rear pads (22v etc)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2995632556

Cheers
Ross
abovetherim

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Front caliper rebuild kit

Post by abovetherim »

The kits from them are good but I don't like the small hex on the bleed nipples.

The front are different for rev1 so if you're is rev2+ then you should be good. I ordered a lot from them years ago and the print for the piston was just too big as I have a rev 1.
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

abovetherim wrote:The kits from them are good but I don't like the small hex on the bleed nipples.

The front are different for rev1 so if you're is rev2+ then you should be good. I ordered a lot from them years ago and the print for the piston was just too big as I have a rev 1.

Thanks mate. I'm rev 2. So I'll get them ordered :pale:
abovetherim

Post by abovetherim »

Oh you may want to look at the condition of the slider bolts and the fixing bolts also.
abovetherim

Post by abovetherim »

Oh and please don't use copper grease on anything other than the back of the pads.
Use ceratec or red grease.
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

abovetherim wrote:Oh you may want to look at the condition of the slider bolts and the fixing bolts also.

They're all brand new. I did a caliper refurb using all new slider bolts/clips etc. However the pistons looked ok. Presume some grit has got in behind this one brakes piston. Guess I'll find out soon lol

:thumleft:

Return to “Mechanical”