[Mk2] [Turbo] How to jumper wires in the IC fan ECU?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

monstr2

[Mk2] [Turbo] How to jumper wires in the IC fan ECU?

Post by monstr2 »

I need some help wiring up my IC fan.In the instructions it says that in the IC fan ECU you need to jumper Blue-White wire to Black-White wire to
bypass the fan controller (and have the fan on whenever the engine is on).

Does this mean i have to remove the Blue-White wire along with the pin & the Black-White wire & pin from the connector & join them together?

Thanks!
Pauln

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] How to jumper wires in the IC fan ECU?

Post by Pauln »

If you disconnect the plug going into the temperature sensor on the engine lid the stock fan will run continuously. You can then simply swap fans, provided your new fan doesn't draw substantially more current than the stock one, which is unlikely.

The wiring to the stock fan should be Blue with Red stripe + 12v and black with White stripe ( -12v), just connect those to the correct wires on your new fan.

Paul
Pauln

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] How to jumper wires in the IC fan ECU?

Post by Pauln »

If you disconnect the plug going into the temperature sensor on the engine lid the stock fan will run continuously. You can then simply swap fans, provided your new fan doesn't draw substantially more current than the stock one, which is unlikely.

The wiring to the stock fan should be Blue with Red stripe + 12v and black with White stripe ( -12v), just connect those to the correct wires on your new fan.

Paul

Return to “Modifications”