[FINALIZED] Black Rev 3 GT T-Bar Turbo

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Quigonjay

Black Rev 3 GT T-Bar Turbo

Post by Quigonjay »

'L' reg Dec '93 (no cat required on MOT) with 135k on clock, first 48k done in km so 115k miles

Car was imported to UK July 2001, the couple split in Dec 2004 and the car went to the lass but she never drove it (except her father a few times), I bought the car 5th Dec 2005 so owned for over 13 years.

Engine rebuild was done by first UK owner at about 80k miles, I bought the car with approx 85k miles on it and done over 50k mostly trouble free miles. Only trouble I've ever had is with batteries and when I didn't screw the rotor arm in properly and one of the screws punctured the dizzy cap. Small undiagnosed oil leak, replaced the cam cover gasket a couple of times over the years but no joy. Other than that runs and drives really well although discs and pads could do with replacing after standing for a couple of years. Some wear on steering wheel and on drivers side seat bolster. Boot has wrong badge on it (UK GTi badge) as a truck reversed in to it and split the spoiler in half/dented the boot and this was the only one available at the time. Think I still have the dented boot if you want to take it or try to get the badge of it.

Tons of bills for various work done over the years, most recently was a brand new Turbo Technics replacement turbo just before the car went off the road so only a few hundred miles on it. Timing belt and tensioner was last done in August '14 but with only a few thousand miles since. Exedy stage 1 clutch also in '14 and again with just a few thousand miles on it. Gearbox was replaced a few years ago (i forget which year) with a 60k miles unit. T-Bar seals done about 10 years ago. Brand new Toyo T1 R tyres with zero miles 205/50/15 225/50/15.

Only run on Tescos 99/Shell optimax and fully synthetic Fuchs Titan Race Pro 5W-40 oil.

Spec - forged engine with JE pistons, Jun rods, Jun flywheel, HKS headgasket, ARP head studs, Exedy stage 1 clutch, Berk Technology intercooler kit, Mongoose exhaust, Hayward and Scott decat downpipe, Apexi filter, TRD anti roll bars, TRD style front and rear strut braces, polyurethane front and rear engine mounts (forgot the make - the red ones), Greddy Profec B boost controller, Greddy boost and exhaust gas temp gauges in A pillar mounted pod (egt does not work as never had the appropriate sensor in exhaust), 4 light mod on the rear lights, Toad cat 1 alarm/immobiliser. Was lowered once upon a time but now on standard struts and springs. Probably forgot some other stuff.

The thing with the internal engine components from when previous owner did the rebuild is the receipt for the work is missing, there is a quote sheet for the work but not the receipt, however, the only thing that has not been identified while I have had it is the rods as the engine has never been out/apart. For instance the flywheel was confirmed as gearbox has been off a few times, the pistons where confirmed when I worked at Sbits years ago by sticking one of those bendy camera on a stick things down the spark plug hole and comparing with JE pistons that where in stock, ARP bolts confirmed as cam cover has been off a couple of times, you can see the HKS logo on the gasket from underneath the car. So considering everything else has been confirmed as per the quote sheet I think it reasonable to believe the rods are also as quoted.

Loads of stuff and bits and bobs I can include with the sale - spare set of great condition red rev 3 import doors (bronze tint), spare front wheels with Toyo R888 tyres loads of tread left (did have the rears with bold R888's but don't where they are, they where in my shed, then they were not), standard engine mounts, import front plate holder, spare ignition parts, various sensors, spare alternator belt, storm something car cover (unused) plus the manky Halfords one that is currently being used which has straps underneath, the other one does not, few MR2 only magazines etc (cant remember everything)

Unfortunately I am having to sell as spares or repair due to lack of MOT and bodywork condition - both sills need doing and a rusty passenger side rear arch, also a dent in drivers side front wing so ideally would need trailering or driving straight to pre booked MOT. Would make a great project for somebody who is good with bodywork. Been stood for 2 and a bit years now but started regularly (starts first time every time) and run for at least half an hour then battery disconnected so there is no drain. I also drive it forward and backwards in the yard when I start it to make sure there are no sticky brakes.

Difficult to put a price on it. Has been my pride and joy for a long time and will be very sad to see it go. Having looked around at what else is currently for sale think I would be looking at £5k+ with good bodywork so for now I think £2800 ono is a good starting point with the spec that it has. Car is at my mothers in Accrington and I am a couple of miles away where everything else is. PM or you can call or txt to discuss further 07791324095.

thanks
Jay
Feedback Bot

Re: [FINALIZED] Black Rev 3 GT T-Bar Turbo

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Non-Member

Return to “MR2s for Sale”