www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
rev1 turbo lump into a rev1 na. jdm. Help required please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 Engine Swaps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tubbychat3

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: rev1 turbo lump into a rev1 na. jdm. Help required please. Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'm swapping out a rev1 turbo lump into a rev1 na. Both jdm so not UK spec.

Is there a walk through Or a thread available please as im having difficulties with a loom plug in the boot no longer marrying up.

I'm sure I will run into more difficulties.
alanmr2turbo

Feedback Score: 10

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

just change the passenger side foot well loom the goes from front to back. You will also need the gear linkage cables.
tubbychat3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Gear linkage cables?
alanmr2turbo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Turbo gear linkage cables are different to n/a cables

Presuming you are using the turbo gearbox as well?
tubbychat3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yes I'm using turbo box. It's actually a jdm auto so looks like I will need to do the pedals also .

The cable you mention won't swap out? It's just a power cable. Doesn't appear to be a loom going to front?
tubbychat3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

My mistake.. It does have the loom.
I just swapped it out however there is a plug and socket by the ecu that won't marry up.

alanmr2turbo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yes that's the one. change it for a REV1 turbo. Get hold of the gear linkage cables before you put the engine in. So much easier to change when engines out....... i found out the hard way LOL

You have the turbo drive shafts, rear hubs and dash clocks?
tubbychat3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yes I have everything except turbo loom from passenger foot well to ecu

This must be the na loom.

Any ideas where to get one pls
alanmr2turbo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

MrTwos, may have one if not he knows a guy who can get hold of stuff pretty easily.

07812 506 772.
[email protected]
IMOC Affiliated Company

Feedback Score: 30

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

In 20 years i have yet to swap the kickwell loom on any turbo conversion, just repin the engine harness to suit, far less likelyhood of other issues occuring.

Also you can simply use the NA gear cables with the addition of a simple 12mm spacer on the gearbox cable bracket, no need to buy turbo cables.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

[email protected] wrote:
In 20 years i have yet to swap the kickwell loom on any turbo conversion, just repin the engine harness to suit, far less likelyhood of other issues occuring.

Also you can simply use the NA gear cables with the addition of a simple 12mm spacer on the gearbox cable bracket, no need to buy turbo cables.

But he wants the easy way, not farting around with repinning, en asking which pins to repin and not making a brackets for cables lol

By the time you have repimmed the look I could have fitted the cable especially if you had to first find which ones to repin.
tubbychat3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'm fine with repining however no one has ever helped me out here..

A pin out would be epic guys please
[email protected]
IMOC Affiliated Company

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

alanmr2turbo wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

But he wants the easy way, not farting around with repinning, en asking which pins to repin and not making a brackets for cables lol

By the time you have repimmed the look I could have fitted the cable especially if you had to first find which ones to repin.

Yeah, the problem with changing the kickwell loom is that it can induce a whole host of other faults, trust me on that, so while yes it gets the engine running without issue, you can end up with other electrical gremlins, this is a well known fact in the trade.

By all means swap the kickwell loom, it has every chance of being ok, but for me it's ten times easier to move a few pins and guarantee the cars chassis wiring remains the same.

The cable mod is just a simple 12mm spacer, no new bracket needs to be made, it's childsplay.
[email protected]
IMOC Affiliated Company

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Happy to help you via PM or email on the wiring, or if you're really stuck send me both the NA and turbo engine looms and i will make you a plug and play harness, no kickwell change needed.
tubbychat3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Pm'd
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 Engine Swaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: