Fitting fog

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ja99a

Fitting fog

Post by Ja99a »

Anyone have any ideas how to get over the fog light isssue I need to fit one after removing a bodged reversing light switched as a fog light.

I am hoping to put a new fog light on the rear, can i use existing power from the rear lights or do i need to relay & go back to the fuse box.

Has anyone got a gude to fitting a rear fog?
Rory

Re: Fitting fog

Post by Rory »

Ja99a,

Just re-wire your inner two brake lights to a swith on your dash. Youve then still got 3 brake lights on the back and youll have 2 fog lights too. I already had a swith in my dash and just removed the extra light that had been bolted to the bottom of my rear bumper and just re-routed the wire. It was really easy! Took me about 20 mins.

Rory
Rory

Post by Rory »

I personally dont like the look of an extra light bolted to the rear of the car!

Rory
Ja99a

For

Post by Ja99a »

Thanks, do you have any pictures of what you did in terms of the light rewire
Rory

Post by Rory »

I did have some pictures on the files section of the old site. Think they have gone for good now. :roll: Its dead simple to do. All you have to do is drop your rear lights (put a towell on your rear bumper when you rest your lights on it to avoid scratches) Cut the live feeds going to both inner brake lights then connect your live feed from your old fog light to the live feeds of the middle brake lights. :roll:

Hope that made sense!

Anyone else got some pictures??

Rory
Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

Rory wrote:I personally dont like the look of an extra light bolted to the rear of the car!

Rory

Only bolt mine back on for MOT :lol:

Return to “Electrical”