Catch can options

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Catch can options

Post by Ryan S »

Ideally a bit of silicone pip that was one size at the rocker cover and a smaller size at the catch can, Trying to keep this simple a neat but can't seem to find what I'm after. What have you folk done with yours? I binned the stock one so that's not an option :(
rev2rich

Re: Catch can options

Post by rev2rich »

I removed the fuse box in the engine bay so I went with a racer x one in its place ... but they have discontinued it i think

google photo

http://racerxfabrication.com/resize/Sha ... =600&h=600

Mine plumed in
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I've done the same with the fusebox, my issue is I don't want a massive thick pipe running to it, where is your breather outlet on this pic?
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

as in oil drainer? I have a pipe on the bottom with a -6 fitting with a tap so I can drain the oil with ease...

Link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/381784557214?chn=ps

hope that helps

Rich
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

rev2rich wrote:as in oil drainer? I have a pipe on the bottom with a -6 fitting with a tap so I can drain the oil with ease...

Link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/381784557214?chn=ps

hope that helps

Rich

No i mean the breather on your rocker cover, I can't see it haha 😂
Pauln

Post by Pauln »

Having read an article about the back pressure problems that can sometimes arise if you downsize the breather pipe or use one of the small bore catch cans you see on eBay, I decided to keep to a large diameter pipe.

The problem was finding a large bore catch can. In the end I went for an internally Baffled Saikou Michi Oil Catch.

But the mistake I made was to use "air intake" spec silicon pipe rather than the coated "oil resistant" variety, so it discoloured after a couple of years. Fortunately I had some spare pipe left over, but when that runs out I'll go for the oil resistant type.

Paul
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

That looks pretty neat, my catch can is pretty big bore but every so slightly smaller than the outlet on the rocker cover, i may just buy a metal adapter. Thanks for that man :)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”