[Mk2] [NA] Removing Engine loom from Fusebox

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

TRINDA1664

[Mk2] [NA] Removing Engine loom from Fusebox

Post by TRINDA1664 »

Morning All,

Im sure there is a very simple answer but I am pulling my hair out trying to remove the engine loom on my 3sge from the fusebox.

There seems to be a little plastic tab on the fusebox in which the loom goes through that looks removable however I can no remove this.

Please can someone give me a tip on how to remove this before i break the fusebox.

Thanks

Dan
shinny

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Removing Engine loom from Fusebox

Post by shinny »

Yup, I got a tad frustrated myself. There was a trick to it that I just about captured on video, but that video is a couple of weeks off release still.

From what I remember, I needed to release clips on the slide-y bit at the bottom and bring it up. I could be mis-remembering though
rainen

Post by rainen »

It is one of those that looks simple but getting the plastic clip to release at the bottom is difficult as not easy to see. It does slide up. Never actually looked at how it works just managed to get them out each time with a bit of trial and error and usually a screw driver pushed in at an appropriate place.
TRINDA1664

Post by TRINDA1664 »

Thanks guys I'll give it another go this week...
pbmr2

Post by pbmr2 »

some of the plastic is attached to the loom so the whole loom part needs to move with it as it's lifted out. That caught me out while I was trying to hold the loom and pull up the plastic.

Return to “Mechanical”