[Mk2] [Turbo] Rear Top Mounts

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

markstevieandmads

[Mk2] [Turbo] Rear Top Mounts

Post by markstevieandmads »

So i thought i would install some of the bits back on my car including the rear cross brace.
Now rogue had put another nut on one of the studs but it wouldnt undo without spinning the stud so i ended up cutting off the nut.

Ive "bodged" it a bit at the mo by welding the stud to the turret top for now but it looks like im going to have to sort this properly eventually.

Now looking at the epc it seems the cross brace bolts to the top of the suspension strut which i believe is a top mount.
So i thought "thats easy , i would just replace the top mount" as the rear shocks were replaced a few years back for new.
However, ive now seen the prices of the pair of rear top mounts.....£200 each?!?!?!?! when the fronts are £50 each?????!?!?

Any ideas how to solve this other than either buying coilovers (as i believe they come with their own top mounts anyway and tbh are not much more expensive lol) or forking out for new genuine top mounts for £200 each???
pbmr2

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Rear Top Mounts

Post by pbmr2 »

second hand?
They are very hard wearing and almost never go wrong so re-using old parts from a breaker isn't an issue.

There are camber adjustable front and rear top mounts available, the rears are hard to find and mostly in America. They are just cheaper than the stock ones so you could get an upgrade for the price of new.

Return to “Mechanical”