[Mk2] [Generic] SW20 Mr2 Drivers Seat - will it fit an st202 Celica? or a Mk3 MR2?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

johnhenry

[Mk2] [Generic] SW20 Mr2 Drivers Seat - will it fit an st202 Celica? or a Mk3 MR2?

Post by johnhenry »

Morning!

Long story short, the best seat I've ever sat in was my mk2 mr2 seat, the degree of adjustability, position and comfort was perfect. I have since sold my mr2 (mistake) and about a year later have lower back issues and am looking to get back into the mr2 world as the seat and position works for me, known and proven.

However - im not rushing and buying a pig of an mr2 as i cant fix it myself due to my back, I was wondering if the SW20 seat shared mounting points or is relatively easy to swap parts over and modify to fit into an ST202 Celica?

The same question about the mk2 seats in a mk3 Mr2 (w30?) as well if anyone knows!

Cheers, John
androo007

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] SW20 Mr2 Drivers Seat - will it fit an st202 Celica? or a Mk3 MR2?

Post by androo007 »

I don't believe that they will bolt right in, especially the frames from the FWD variants etc.

You can of course always have the rails modified to fit pretty much any car. It's quite simple and low cost to do.

Return to “Modifications”