www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [NA] Twin Webers

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
telavich

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [NA] Twin Webers Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi I am in the process of purchasing twin 40 weber downdraught carbs for my rev 1 and wondered if anyone knows of any issues on fitting them before I buy them. Thanks
Al-sw20

Feedback Score: 0

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yeah with careful tuning you might make a tad more power than the efi system. You will never get close to the fuel economy that the efi system has though.
Madabout

Feedback Score: 4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I had twin Weberís on a 1.6 NA MX5.

Sounded absolutely lovely, on a standard 1.6 engine it would have been about 115 bhp from factory but it was making around 130/135 bhp. Great throttle response too. The fuel economy was never that bad or not enough for me to be bothered or notice.

Hadnít thought about them on a MR2 but sounds a good idea.
pbmr2
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

except the 3sge isn't a detuned 1.6.

Carbs are a compromise for most of the rev range. there are a couple of points where they come into their own.

ITBs with injectors would be a better setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: