[Mk2] [NA] Rev 1 wiper adaptor questions

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bear87

[Mk2] [NA] Rev 1 wiper adaptor questions

Post by Bear87 »

Hi guys

So my 91 glimited is coming up for its mot and I know there is a few bits to do. The first being wipers. It has the screw type and I can't get them anywhere for reasonable money. So did some searching halfords do some adaptors and most of the reviews are from mr2 owners saying they work a treat.

My questions are, with this extra part bolted on does it change the wiper position?
What size wipers should I fit with this adaptor on?
All the research suggests 19" both sides but currently has x1 19" and x1 18" and that looks tight on the screen. Maybe it's individual to the brand of wiper?

And lastly what is the best wiper to be using?

Thanks in advance
mrhappy62

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Rev 1 wiper adaptor questions

Post by mrhappy62 »

Unless you really want to keep it standard, Being on my second rev1 I would upgrade to the newer hook type arms which will give you more choice in blades.
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

I'm being a bit of a tight a#se really. For £2 I can add the adaptor which allows the fitment of any wiper I would have bought a second hand set of arms but the screw type ones on the rev 1 are in such nice condition it seems a shame to change them.
mrhappy62

Post by mrhappy62 »

Adaptors do work but in my experience dont last very long and when they break you lose the blade down the road, (more expense) go to a breakers and upgrade and respray. :D
digs

Post by digs »

I tried the adapters but ended up spending £20 and getting rev2+ hook arms, much easier !

Except lost on of the caps dammit.......

Return to “Modifications”