[Mk2] [NA] New Battery Needed

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SW20_Wurth

[Mk2] [NA] New Battery Needed

Post by SW20_Wurth »

Afternoon All,

Can anyone recommend a new battery, I have A NA REV4, going to improve the sound system this year, so ideally something that will take the increase of equipment too
abovetherim

Re: [Mk2] [NA] New Battery Needed

Post by abovetherim »

Any quality branded battery should meet your needs. I bought a Bosch blue top and it's been brilliant particularly when I have left the car for a month and come back to it and it starts fine.
The mains things to worry about are the wiring, alt and parasitic drains.

If you are putting a big sound system in look into doing the big three, improving earth's and main power cables, and make sure your alt wiring is in good shape and the alt is working as it should.
Bear87

Re: [Mk2] [NA] New Battery Needed

Post by Bear87 »

I agree with abovetherim. I have the Bosch battery too. Never let me down even when have left lights on all day. The battery technology has improved dramatically in the last 20 odd years.
After doing the basics as mentioned earths, cables etc if your worried about flickering headlights and draw on the cars electrical (they don't have the biggest alternator) you can add some audio capacitors that way if your using amps the draw wont pull so hard on the shared electrical. Although I'm not sure how much audio will fit in a mr2. :thumleft:

Return to “Electrical”