www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] Best place to rebuild a Garrett GT Turbo

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 204

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] Best place to rebuild a Garrett GT Turbo Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I have a garrett gt3076, the shaft has some side to side and in/out play so i am looking at getting it fixed.

My options are either rebuild like for like but i would also like to price up putting in a GTX core.

Who should i be looking at approaching for this job ?

Thanks for any advice [thumleft]
Odin_S
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 12

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Owens Development? If it were me, i look at the Gen 2 GTX though

The have faster spooling of the same turbo and anti surge. I experienced surge with my GT3076 on a 60AR housing. With the gen 2 same turbo none
fastasfkk
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: rebuild Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

turbo dynamics
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Modifications All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: