[Mk2] [NA] JDM Speed limiter confusion

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Winger300

[Mk2] [NA] JDM Speed limiter confusion

Post by Winger300 »

I recently purchased a JDM 1995 Mk2. It has the speedometer clock converted to MPH. The dial face reads up to 180, so I'm assuming they have converted the original clocks to read in MPH.

Does this mean that the speed limiter will be increased to 180MPH? On a recent track day it felt like I could go much faster than 110mph, but that's probably due to the car not having enough power, rather than hitting a limiter.
abovetherim

Re: [Mk2] [NA] JDM Speed limiter confusion

Post by abovetherim »

Look closely at the Speedo, is it a replacement cover that just shows mph? This doesn't necessarily mean there has been a conversation fitted.if there is a converter fitted it will be attached to the rear of the Speedo and if it is fitted it will raise the limit to 110*1.6.

If you hit the speed limiter you will know about it as it will cut the fuel or ignition, not sure which but it is scary when you're on the autobahn maxed out going round a gentle curve!!!

Return to “Modifications”