Adrian Flux….. NO LONGER TRUSTED.

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

HighwayStar

Adrian Flux….. NO LONGER TRUSTED.

Post by HighwayStar »

Renewed my policy with them having been assured it was the exactly the same as last years and now they want to go through all the rigmarole of the agreed value element… photos, forms etc.

To what end I ask? They have already told me the policy would be the same before I renewed so the policy should be the same… end of discussion. I've just spoken with them again and since I called them to question the lack of agreed value on the day of renewal (the day I received their new schedule) they say I had opportunity to go elsewhere if I didn't like it. They conveniently ignore the fact that when I did call on that day I was told all I needed to do was send through a picture of the new odometer reading and confirm all other details are unaltered… which I've done.

I'm now going to write to the Ombudsman since whilst I'm quite a tolerant individual I will not be misled by anybody in business without redress.

Having championed them for years on this site and others I now loudly proclaim 'stay away from Adrian Flux'…. they cannot be trusted.
Last edited by HighwayStar on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Draven

Re: Adrian Flux….. NO LONGER TRUSTED.

Post by Draven »

Did they put in writing that it would be the same policy? If yes you have a leg to stand on if no.. then no
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

No they didn't… I confirmed it at the time I spoke with them about the amount of the premium whilst negotiating a lower figure than their initial renewal offer. I accepted and paid over the telephone on the basis it was the same policy. When they DIDN'T confirm it on the schedule I immediately got in touch….

Whether I have 'a leg to stand on' I will leave to the Ombudsman. The point of my post was to simply point out that in my recent personal experience they have said one thing but done another.

PS. I've amended the original title of this thread as all I can be certain of is that I was given incorrect information to make a decision to purchase on.. but not why.
Last edited by HighwayStar on Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

You got fluxed over hey?
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

I am reminded of this thread... http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... c&start=20

At least you've discovered this now rather than when it matters at claim time. Hopefully you can find another insurer who can give you the cover you require :thumleft:
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Thanks for providing the link Gazza. Yes, that more than eloquently through rather sadly I guess illustrates my point and my frustration.

Championed (though now it seems foolishly) here by me so recently to this.
alanmr2turbo

Post by alanmr2turbo »

been with them for about 5yrs now and only ever once sent in new odometer reading and that's when i first took policy out with them.

Mind you, they did screw me over 1st 2 yrs with a high premium till they knocked £300 a year off to match with another companies quote. I kid you not on the one.

Makes you wonder don't it lol
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

So two e-mails and two phone calls later and it's going to the ombudsman.

They've even replied in writing stating in their defence things which didn't happen and conversations that never occurred.

When a company fabricates stuff to justify it's actions is time to call foul….
Essex2Visuvesi

Post by Essex2Visuvesi »

Obviously they will be able to provide copies of these conversations as "All conversations are recorded for training and monitoring purposes"

If there are no copies then the ombudsman will consider that these conversations never took place.
Also you should ensure that in situations like this any telephone conversation is recorded by yourself.
Red Devil

Post by Red Devil »

HighwayStar wrote:So two e-mails and two phone calls later and it's going to the ombudsman.

They've even replied in writing stating in their defence things which didn't happen and conversations that never occurred.

Any update on this?
Red Devil

Post by Red Devil »

HighwayStar wrote:So two e-mails and two phone calls later and it's going to the ombudsman.

Any update on this?

Return to “Trader Feedback”