[Mk2] [Turbo] If I was an electrician, where would I put MPH converter

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DottySkee

[Mk2] [Turbo] If I was an electrician, where would I put MPH converter

Post by DottySkee »

Hi all

I've been absent from the forum for a looong time now and the MR2 has sat outside looking rather neglected, untouched for a year. Money issues and the long battle to get the Rev 3 engine working in a rev 2 body (which is still unsuccessful but an issue for another thread) meant I lost a lot of love for Mr 2.

I've started tinkering away again though on all the other jobs that need done even before the problem of the engine is dealt with before my old man gets back from work in 4 weeks and we have to bell through every wire to find our mistake.

Managed to get a hold of a stefs delimiter from another forum member last year and finally got round to taking the dash apart and fitting. I had fully expected to see another converter on the back of the clocks I would remove and fit the stefs. There wasn't though...

So my question is, where else are the common places to wire in a mph converter? Obviously it needs whipped out, but from where. Any ideas on the usual places?

Thanks
thomp1983

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] If I was an electrician, where would I put MPH converter

Post by thomp1983 »

Only other place would be at the ecru, are you sure no ones fitted a uk speedometer in your cluster?
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

gearbox feed goes straight to the dash, from the dash to the ECU.
EvilPanda

Post by EvilPanda »

So my question is, where else are the common places to wire in a mph converter? Obviously it needs whipped out, but from where. Any ideas on the usual places?

Thanks[/quote]

I just done mine. Wired straight on the speed sensor. Looks like it works for me. Might be the odometer is still counting in km but who gives a damn. Clock it back in 10mins and u good to go...
DottySkee

Post by DottySkee »

It's Jap clocks for sure, complete with small bit of black tape to cover the k on km/h :lol:

Thanks for the tips, I'll have a hunt around the speed sensor for it, probably the most likely as I've checked the ECU and it's as normal.

Return to “Electrical”