www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
brands hatch August 30th evening

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Motorsport and Trackdays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
auzzam

Feedback Score: 2

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: brands hatch August 30th evening Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thinking of popping along to this, got them to test my tubby yesterday, came it and 98db, but I'm going to keep some baffles with me just in case I trip the drive by.

Anyone raced at this track before? - it will be my first track day and I felt the circuit looks fairly good for a beginner, and also has higher sound limits than bedford etc.
pistol pete
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 27

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi mate

brands was my first time too.. that was an evening 15 min tester session..

its great track.. can get busy depending on how many are booked in..
you will love it first time you drop to the bottom of paddock hill bend at speed.. nothing feels quite like it [Smile]

just take it easy don't go made// do not go racing anyone, don't get annoyed if slower cars go past.. start at your own pace and build up.. otherwise youll end up with a wrecked car.. corning speeds and tracks speeds are a whole new level compared to when you think you are going fast on the road

alos if you are faster than a car down a straight but he catches you every corner... let them past.

just remember have fun
auzzam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

cheers Pete,

bit of a random question...

do you by any chance know its okay to run with the roof off using an open face helmet?
pistol pete
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yeah nomreason why not as you still have a windscreen.. i ran a whole year in my mk3 with roof down
auzzam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Cheers [thumleft]
pistol pete
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'm on nights that day.. so i may join you ill see how money goes
auzzam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

that would be awesome, where do you get your track insurance from? after a bargain! as it seems to cost more than the event itself!
pistol pete
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

track insurance... not bothered with my car.. or last few.. they are primerily track cars so never bothered..

i did once for my BMW .. err sky i think
[email protected] FLUX
IMOC Affiliated Company

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

auzzam wrote:
that would be awesome, where do you get your track insurance from? after a bargain! as it seems to cost more than the event itself!

Hi,
If you'd like a quotation for track day insurance then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help out.
Regards,
Dan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Motorsport and Trackdays All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: