Kuki blade group buy

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

PW@Woodsport

Kuki blade group buy

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Just in case this has been missed elsewhere on the forum, i am running a group buy on our new Mk2 Kuki blade roof spoiler with high level brake light.

Some teaser pics, bear in mind this is not quite the finished product, there is still final prep to do before molding stage.

It will come with a clear LED brake light.

i was asked for some distance shots from different angles so here is the blade fitted to Anths Mk2, we love the way it totally transforms the rear window shape and continues the roof line further back, from a distance it looks seamless and almost as if it has had a roof chop compared to stock.

Really looking forward to seeing this in another colour other than black!

We both stood and looked at it and thought it makes the rear look really stealthy, we know we must have the styling on this one pretty good because the second you take the blade off the car doesn't look as good, in our opinion of course!

This is the high level brake light i plan on using, it's an expensive item but quality is second to none.

Due to the fantastic response on this on all of the Mr2 boards in the UK and the US i have decided one lucky customer is going to get a free Kuki blade. Everyone in the group buy will be entered into a draw (decided by the lottery bonus ball that week i guess, good as any!), shipping will also be free to the winner.

Just my way of saying thankyou for the support.

It's looking like £175 with the LED lamp as part of the group buy as the numbers stand at the moment, it will drop as the number interested rises.

Outside of this group buy the price will be £195 for a single order in future.

Please copy/paste your name into this list if you are provisionally interested, no commitment as yet, the final number of takers dictates the price which could go much lower.

1. Mrv6
2. Thomp1983
3. Calmac
4. 2curious
5. Bk81
6. Gnyza
7. Sean Murray
8. Dgaldamez951
9. TksMr2
10. Everette
11. Barmstrong
12. Dayum_son
13. Rainen
14. PeteV6R5
15. PsyKen
16. Sw20addict
17. Mr2mk2boy
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Re: Kuki blade group buy

Post by Scott Barton »

I like that a lot...hmm...tempted... :-k
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Thanks Scott, I really put a lot of effort into making this look as OEM as possible.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

1. Mrv6
2. Thomp1983
3. Calmac
4. 2curious
5. Bk81
6. Gnyza
7. Sean Murray
8. Dgaldamez951
9. TksMr2
10. Everette
11. Barmstrong
12. Dayum_son
13. Rainen
14. PeteV6R5
15. PsyKen
16. Sw20addict
17. Mr2mk2boy
18. Hawk
19. SW20MR2
20. Vendetta
21. Vind

Plenty of pre-orders coming in now so should be able to reduce the price further.
Been to see the molder again today and he's progressing well with it, and also ordered all of the high level brake light units, so this will come together pretty quickly now.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

1. Mrv6
2. Thomp1983
3. Calmac
4. 2curious
5. Bk81
6. Gnyza
7. Sean Murray
8. Dgaldamez951
9. TksMr2
10. Everette
11. Barmstrong
12. Dayum_son
13. Rainen
14. PeteV6R5
15. PsyKen
16. Sw20addict
17. Mr2mk2boy
18. Hawk
19. SW20MR2
20. Vendetta
21. Vind
22. Cornfedmr2
kirk

Post by kirk »

I can't decide if I like it or not. It looks good but it makes the rear screen look very rectangular and odd. Hmmmmm :scratch:
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Hi Kirk, yes it changes the screen shape from the rear, we think for the better, the funny thing is when the blade has been fitted for a while and then you take it off a strange thing happens, the car doesn't look right without it, as if something is then missing.

That's an actual observation, not my sales bull, but as with anything bodykit related it's very much each to their own. I actually love the way the screen shape along the top edge now follows the rear spoiler lines from behind, to me it just looks so right.

Photos also don't do this justice, it needs to be seen in person.
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

Would you be able to offer these painted Paul?

Also (sorry if I've missed this) does the blade just bond on to the rear screen surround?
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

I'd love to offer a painting service but posting freshly painted items is an absolute nightmare, i will be offering a fitting and painting service in house but for some of you guys i'm a zillion miles away. It's a difficult one, if it turned up scratched or damaged it puts me in a tricky position, if there was a way to guarantee them arriving with the paint unmarked then yes i would offer that, sometimes all the bubble wrap in the world cannot help.

As it stands i am advising bonding the blades on in the same way other bodykit stuff is, there are no fixing points we can use and i really don't want people drilling the C pillar trims. I will be supplying a scotch pad to key the C pillar trim and a small tube of Tigerseal. It really is the quickest and easiest way and very secure. I will be doing an installation video which will also help those who don't have high level brake lights already.

1. Mrv6
2. Thomp1983
3. Calmac
4. 2curious
5. Bk81
6. Gnyza
7. Sean Murray
8. Dgaldamez951
9. TksMr2
10. Everette
11. Barmstrong
12. Dayum_son
13. Rainen
14. PeteV6R5
15. PsyKen
16. Sw20addict
17. Mr2mk2boy
18. Hawk
19. SW20MR2
20. Vendetta
21. Vind
22. Cornfedmr2
23. Ya-crow
gnzyza

Post by gnzyza »

How heavy is it and it sits on the C pillar edge right. Would genuine 3M adhesive tape and a few blobs of clear silicone in the centre and edge work.

The blade is probably too substantial for it to hold though.

Looking forward to it going live :thumleft:
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

It's extremely light, even the prototype which was made with solid sections of fibreglass and resin with a fair amount of filler was not that heavy and 3M tape held it on securely.

The mating edge to the C pillar trim is a double edge V, the same shape as the trim itself, so it does not just rely on being attached to the top edge of that trim, it contacts both upper and lower edges as a perfect matched fit, that means with it having such a large contact area very little bonding will be needed and indeed 3M tape with some silicon will probably do it, but i need to make sure none of these ever come adrift, which is why i'm advising a more permanent bonding.

I'm just being over cautious though, in reality once the double sided has taken hold it will never move.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

The first pre-production run blade has come from the mold for quality control and fitting issues, and it is perfect, although now looks odd seeing it in a white gelcoat finish next to black I am very happy with the end product. All this will need is rubbing down/painting and fitting but I can now proceed with the full group buy production.

I am having 30 made in this first run at £170 each which includes the LED light unit, UK postage and packaging will be £15.

So everyone on the current list will get a PM from me in the next few days to confirm if they wish to proceed. I estimate it will take 2-3 weeks to have all 30 done.

PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

PMs have been sent to everyone interested in buying one for final payments/deposits, thankyou to everyone who has helped support our new product, Paul.
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Is there not a design you could come up with for the mk1?
gavsdavs

Post by gavsdavs »

SuperRedMR2 wrote:Is there not a design you could come up with for the mk1?

I believe this design was inspired by the factory equivalent already on a mk1.
The mk1 version is transparent and has a toyota decal on it, not solid coloured...
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Indeed as Gav says, i came up with the Mk2 version because a Mk1 already has a roof visor in that area and i thought the Mk2 looked a little lacking there.

A few people have asked me to do an alternative Mk1 version but i'd need there to be more than a handful of takers on those just to cover basic costs, sadly there are not many Mk1 owners around and of those owners the vast majority are purists who keep them standard, nothing wrong with that but it does cut my market down to tiny numbers.

In the interests of supporting the community though i will see what i can do.
MR2Kyle

Post by MR2Kyle »

Wow that looks nice! Much nicer than how the roof just ends without it. Always thought it was a bit of a shame the way that back area looked giving the sleekness of the rest of the car! Nice job though Paul :thumleft:
Mk1b 1989 Mica Blue
Mk2 rev3 1993 NA Turquoise
Mk2 rev5 1999 Cosmos Blue with st215 conversion 😉
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

Mine turned up yesterday - fitment is spot on and Paul has gone to the effort of even sourcing a small rubber through-grommet for the brake light and a tube of bonding sealant. Will get back to you with photos once I've had it sprayed up :thumleft:
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Glad to hear it turned up ok, one of the ones i sent out last week has a small amount of damage on it despite the large amount of bubble wrap used, bloody couriers!

Let me know how you get on with fitment and if i can help with anything just ask, really looking forward to seeing pics of them fitted.
Marty J

Post by Marty J »

Paul, the blade looks great and really suits the MR2.

I am wondering how it affects the air flow behind the car?

I wouldn't expect you to use a wind tunnel, but have you done any testing to see how the air is affected? I only ask purely out of curiosity.

Even if it does nothing to enhance air flow I think that cosmetically it improves the look of the MR2. :thumleft:

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”