JAE Information from club rep meeting

The biggest and best car show in the UK!
IMOC - Winners of 'Best Overall Club' 2010, 2013 & 2014. :-)

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lauren
IMOC Committee

JAE Information from club rep meeting

Post by Lauren »

JAE 2015 Newark Showgrounds Reps Meeting.

Okay the show is at Newark Showground:

http://www.newarkshowground.com

NG24 2NY for sat nav. When you come down the access road, I think we will be directed to go past the main entrance and pick up an entrance a few hundred metres down the road on the right. The IMOC/GT86 DC BRZ stand is going to literally on the right hand side as you come in the entrance.

The club area is pretty flat with a wall at the rear and there is a toilet/showerblock pretty much opposite the stand on the other side of the road.

It looks like a well maintained venue and there is a big clubhouse which will be open to 2am. We are about a five minute walk from this.

Here's what I gleaned from the meeting:

There is going to be 4x4 experience. If you have a 4X4 you can go on the off-roading course for free. Probably not where you want to be taking your MR2 or GT86 though! ;)

We're not sure about using the Go Kart track, which is over the road from the venue, the organisers are having issues negotiating a deal. Apparently they want too much money.

Band and Karoake will be in the club house which is a good size. There is a bar, but you can bring your own booze in.

Clubs are to shutdown operations at midnight. Can carry on in the bar area until 2am.

There will be a theme night for foods including Japanese food being available.

The noodle guy can’t come, but there will be genuine Japanese food from a couple who are passionate about the food. Nigel (who I'm guessing knows nothing about Japanese food) said it's excellent so we can only live in hope. I've virtually lived off the noodle bar for the last couple of years.

IKO will be in the middle area close to the club house for all activities possibly car pull may be done on the road, TBC.

Standard ticket Thursday entry same price as before. Same deal for Friday, Saturday as last year.

Learn to drift, gymkhana, drift taxis and 4x4 and Crashman Stunts will take place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Crash man Stunts Saturday and Sunday only.

No camping on site on Sunday night.

There will be a minute’s silence when a single firework goes up as was the way last year to commemorate those who are no longer with us. :(

Gates are open 24 hours a day.

RC drift cars is on again. Also okay for other RC Cars to come, so bring them if you want.

There is going to be a drift taxi and the option for drift lessons on the runway. 14 yrs + £39 for 1 hour sounds like an absolute bargain to me, so get in there quick if you fancy having a go.

Whilst we were there soem people asked about taking their car on the drift area on the runway. But honestly once you've seen the state of the runway you really wouldn't want to take your car near it. They said this wasn't allowed due to insurance issues unles you could work something out anyway.

All in all, it looks good. It's flatter than Wicksteed Park and I think the area we have is squarer which will make getting around faster. There is of course going to be the usual trade area and all that.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Ben

Re: JAE Information from club rep meeting

Post by Ben »

Excellent. Looking forward to it :thumleft:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

More info on JAE:
Thank you to all the Car Club Reps who turned up at the JAE 2015 Reps Meeting. No other event - car meet or otherwise - does things quite the way JAE does. Over 80 Club Reps attended the event to see the new venue, hear first hand all the new additions and to ask questions about this year's event.

JAE really is unique. Every club is treated fairly and equally. Everyone gets the very best help and support. We don't put our favourite clubs in one location and those 'less sexy' somewhere else - like some events we could name!

At the Club Reps Meeting we told the representatives about all the new additions for JAE 2015:

Learn 2 Drift: where you can have a one hour lesson in a drift car, not as a passenger like some events; but as a driver with full instruction. That is before finishing off with a few high speed laps at the hands of a pro! Sorry but this is chargeable and can be booked through L2D's website (http://www.learn2drift.com/) or the JAE website - booking page coming soon
Crashman Stunts: where Dave Crashman will be performing his latest stunts and amusing the crowds. This is not a one-off lunchtime special but a whole series of displays, stunts and events throughout both Saturday and Sunday. For those wanting to experience it up close Dave will be offering passenger rides to raise money for his charity. The full timetable: http://www.japcarclub.org/index.php/clu ... /timetable
4x4 Off-roading: In association with Yellow Diamond we will offer a FREE* 4x4 area for all those that want it. Passengers don't need the special ticket. We are also offering passenger rides and competitive events. All the money raised from passenger rides will go to charity. Competitions will be announced later. 4x4 is open all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Gates open midday Thursday for advanced entry, and set up
Kamikaze Kitchen will be at JAE for the first time. This is a really exciting addition and is authentic Japanese cooking done to a very high standard. Full details of Kamikaze Kitchen will be announced later but for now, just book your place in the queue!
Food Theme Nights will operate in the hall adjacent to JAE Admin. Menus will be announced later but expect to see the likes of Chilli, Curries and so on for a good sit down meal indoors. The Hall will also be where the evening's entertainment will take place.
* - you will need a Thursday ticket or a 4x4 ticket for drivers only to do this. Day visitors can buy an extra 4x4 access (£10) from JAE Admin
Friday and Saturday nights at JAE will feature a mix of disco, live band and, hopefully a karaoke, as well as pub quiz (Kuiza) and other events and activities. The trophy presentation will be after fireworks to allow people more time to get ready for the evening's entertainment. Because of noise issues outside noise must turn down at 11:30pm However the bar, disco and other night time entertainment will go on until 2am! As well as a full bar you can still bring your own drinks into the venue. Speaking of indoors, for those that have watched this part of JAE grow over the last couple of years the new hall is much bigger than our old massive Event-Tent!

Please note: after the fireworks hazard lights etc are fine. NO REVVING OF ENGINES. Aside from being illegal (failure to control a vehicle) you've probably been drinking (drunk in charge of a vehicle) and unless your seated, door close, seat belt on you're breaking multiple other laws as well. But most of all the locals don't want it and we don't want to p1$$ them off!!! Security have been told to come down hard on anyone doing this and may confiscate your cars keys or give you the option to leave - if you have been drinking this means on foot! As a community we really must put a stop to this anti-social behaviour. Club Reps we are asking for your help.

Gates open as ever at midday on Thursday and stay open 24 hours a day until we close on Sunday. There is now a whole lot more for you to do on the Sunday for those who want to stay, Learn to Drift, Crashman Stunts, 4x4 - and some other things we are still working on! http://www.japcarclub.org/index.php/clu ... ble#sunday

HKS are again the JAE Prime Sponsor and will be on hand to make our inter club Its-a-Knockout better than ever. For 2015 we no longer have Dragon Boats - no lake - but will be adding something new to the competition. Full IKO details will be announced soon: http://www.japcarclub.org/index.php/clu ... mpetitions

Dodo Juice are once again sponsoring our free to enter Show n Shine. With a £2000 total prize fund it's certainly a competition worth entering. Expect to see the Dodo Man with his spy close inspecting your paintwork! Cars entering the competition will be on display all day Saturday outside JAE Admin and our Entertainment Hall. Cars will be judged throughout the day and will form a main attraction. So get polishing, get your sponsors logos on the car and hope you win!

All the clubs that have booked are now plotted on our map and we will soon be releasing a new field for those not yet booked. Already we have more clubs booked for 2015 than turned up in 2014! It seems the new venue really is making a positive difference. So don't forget we are now at Newark Showground. If you have booked your plot and not yet arranged marquees, power, tables and chairs you can now do this online: http://www.japcarclub.org/index.php/clu ... -equipment

If you have not booked your plot, the first one (20m x 20m) is free, after that it's £25 per plot. A dozen+ cars and tents etc. will all fit on one 20m x 20m plot - in case you need a help with sizing. http://www.japcarclub.org/index.php/clu ... club-space

Thanks to Japanese Performance, Banzai and Auto Mission for their continued support. For those going to Le Mans with us - see you there! For those not see you in September!

Last edited by Lauren on Tue May 05, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Best get organising!
Thanks for all the info Lauren.

:thumleft:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

For those interested, bookings for the drift sessions appear to be open on the JAE site

http://www.japcarclub.org/index.php/act ... arntodrift
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Cheerse for that, drift session booked. :)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Get in on the drift sessions, guys. Reckon the GT86 BRZ DC has all of Friday booked out now. It's a steal at £39 for an hour in someone else's car! :)

I'm on at 12pm Friday. :)
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

I'm unlikely to be there until late afternoon/early evening Friday so booked for Saturday lunchtime
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Just bought 2 of the drift sessions. Do you get to choose when you're on or are you just assigned a slot? I didn't see any selection boxes when I ordered.

Also, what's the deal with actual tickets to the show? Do we buy them ourselves or are they bought via the club?

Gonna be my first time at JAE this year. Can't wait, looks like a great show! :mrgreen:

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

The drift guys will contact you asking what time slot you want.

Tickets are bought through the club.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Thanks Lauren - do you know when tickets will go on sale?
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Lauren wrote:The drift guys will contact you asking what time slot you want.

Tickets are bought through the club.

Sorted, cheers Lauren.

I've gone for 15:00 on Friday and 12:00 on Sunday.

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

For those partaking in the learn to drift sessions, you must bring your driving licence with you. :+:

How many from IMOC have we got drifting then?

We've managed around seven or eight of us from the GT86 BRZ DC.
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

I've got 2 sessions booked, as above.

Just the 'card' part of the licence will be enough, I assume?

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

The paper part became obsolete in June, so it should be all you need. :+:
largie009

Post by largie009 »

Don't know if this is the right place to post this but ill be getting to jae tomorrow at about 1-2 ish. So I imagine I'll be one of the first there! Does anyone need a hand setting stuff up? Not sure if marquee is set up already or we have to do it!? But yeh. I'll be there willing to lend a hand!! :mrgreen:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

See you there, we are aiming for 12ish. Yes some help with setup is always appreciated!

The marquee is already there, so no worries about that. Main things are just getting it all sorted out and the lighting up, though we'll be waiting till mid afternoon for that.
largie009

Post by largie009 »

Ace. I'll be there To help. I also have some portable speakers if anyone is interested. I imagine someone will have a big set but never the less :thumleft:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I'll be bringing an amp and speakers. :+:

Return to “JAE 2015”