The Mule

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Martin F
IMOC Moderator

The Mule

Post by Martin F »

Part 3

Obviously this car has a fair bit of history, lol. Being honest, i don't intend in doing that much to her.
She does however deserve another thread to document her next chapter.

Firstly she started off with scotty1982

His build thread can be found here...

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

It was then Bought by Magicbeans who took the car to the next level, and some..... :clap: :clap:
This current car was bought by Phil and started it's story on page 38

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=159087

a couple of pics from when Phil had her...

And so the story continues,

One of my first mods is something that is overlooked all to often with the mr2, one which has caused me issues with many past mr2s.
It is also a good way of freeing up more HP, which is never a bad thing.
I am going to leave the Radtec chargecooler where it is but replace the pipe that goes between the charcecooler core and inlet manifold with this.

http://www.frozenboost.com/air_water-ic ... 0a532d30ec

Be buying it from Rob - East Coast Imports very soon.

So far i removed the evc4 EBC and replaced it with a Greddy Oled boost controller. It has a small stand that i have misplaced so it is not fixed in position yet.

I moved the turbotimer (not fixed in position yet) to where the old EBC used to be.

New gear gaitor (has white stiching)

New 180 mph dials, i swapped the LEDs from the old 160 mph clocks and added a nice white facia, looks sweet...
The old 160 mph dials were reading 8-10 mph less than the car was actually going, i am lucky i noticed the speed on the sat nav when i did as i could well have lost my driving license on my journey home as i was doing 80 when i thought i was doing 70mph...
I kept the steffderner delimeter as i wasn't sure what wire to cut for the other convertor but it now works spot on, maybe out by 1-2 mph at most (over reads), much better...

New shinny sills

New blue clock to go with the colour scheme

Nice Boss that allows me to take the steering wheel with me when i leave the car
:D

momo wheel

It was attached to the Removable boss, going to change it back to the wheel the car came with, just because :?

Still needs some tidying up and some little niggly things fixing, like rust on the underside of the doors, knocking coming from the back and drivers window knocking.
She will need some new rear tyres soon, i will add some pics of old and up to date ones when i get the chance...
mister two

Re: The Mule

Post by mister two »

Stunning car mate. Seen pics of it on google images while getting inspiration for mine
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Good stuff Martin, Keep the updates coming, I thought about the twin CC core thing as well but the one I have is enormous so I'm just gonna go with one, Get some videos of it driving, I've only ever heard about The Mule but I've yet to see a video!

Gutted I missed you when you were driving home!

Also, I see you stuck with the millenium steering wheel, Feels great eh??
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

sheppy wrote:

Also, I see you stuck with the millenium steering wheel, Feels great eh??

It is a nice wheel, however...

I swapped the old wheel onto the removable boss, not saying it looks better but it feels better for me, so the deed is done :eye:

Also relocated the horn to a push button beside the fog light...
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Ah yeah it's all about personal taste of course!

Looking forward to some videos!
I've not read all the build thread about it, is it a 3s or a 5s block in it?
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

sheppy wrote:Ah yeah it's all about personal taste of course!

3S as far as i'm aware, you will probably see her in person before a vid ;)

Hurry up and get your motor on the road :mrgreen:
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

That car is just gorgeous.
8)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Martin wrote:
sheppy wrote:Ah yeah it's all about personal taste of course!

3S as far as i'm aware, you will probably see her in person before a vid ;)

Hurry up and get your motor on the road :mrgreen:

Won't be long now! If you're heading to Crail any time let know, or down this way for any reason really!
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

I am half tempted to put these bad boys in the car

The bride seats are comfy and pretty awesome once you are in them, however they are a PITA getting in to and out off, i'm finding it highly embarrising fighting to get out of them at the petrol station :oops:

Not sure what to do on this one though, the bride seats hold you very well and may just be worth the hassles :-k
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Those seats are lovely though!! Sell the brides!
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Keep the brides. .....
craig

Post by craig »

Martin wrote:I am half tempted to put these bad boys in the car

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u182/mrtee-1/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/20150502_231848_zpswhynckxx.jpg[/URL]

The bride seats are comfy and pretty awesome once you are in them, however they are a PITA getting in to and out off, i'm finding it highly embarrising fighting to get out of them at the petrol station :oops:

Not sure what to do on this one though, the bride seats hold you very well and may just be worth the hassles :-k

Selling the bride seats and putting in stock? Are you nuts? :-s

Good to see this car back on IMOC. Enjoy it. Don't break it.

:wink:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

RedMR² wrote:
Martin wrote:I am half tempted to put these bad boys in the car

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u182/mrtee-1/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/20150502_231848_zpswhynckxx.jpg[/URL]

Selling the bride seats and putting in stock? Are you nuts? :-s

Good to see this car back on IMOC. Enjoy it. Don't break it.

:wink:

They look nicer but i have decided just to keep the brides, it's not as if i'm in and out of this car several times a day....
craig

Post by craig »

Good choice! :thumleft:
Rev5GT

Post by Rev5GT »

Congrats on the purchase mate :thumleft: If you ever decide to sell :whistle: :whistle: :D
vinp182

Post by vinp182 »

Wondered where this car had gone... I was shocked when I saw it up in Scotland a couple of weeks ago :)
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

vinp182 wrote:Wondered where this car had gone... I was shocked when I saw it up in Scotland a couple of weeks ago :)

Should have introduced yourself dude, would have been nice to get a chatter, how did the highland drive go ?
The weather wasn't bad at all for april :wink:

would have really liked a look around the cars, if i wasn't feeling so rough from the might before i may well have gatecrashed the venue and gone for a small cruise afterwards, you don't meet like minded individuals up this way very often :mrgreen:
synXero

Post by synXero »

Are you Scotland based then Martin? Good to see you're not afraid to put your own stamp on it and rightly so too. Make it yours!

Sorting out rust on the doors = more of that crazy paint = :pale:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

synXero wrote:Are you Scotland based then Martin? Good to see you're not afraid to put your own stamp on it and rightly so too. Make it yours!

Sorting out rust on the doors = more of that crazy paint = :pale:

Inverness dude, i am getting on so the big city life is no longer so important, much prefer the open roads and close communities nowadays :oldtongue:

yeah, need to dig out the paint code fot it...

no rust can be seen from the outside but there is a brown line on the bodykit side sill so i know there is something happening at the bottom of the door.
no biggie though...

the mot is up in july but i might stick her in earlier so i can take any spare parts i might otherwise have sent to the scrapyard from the other car.
wish i had storage space as this other shell i have is very clean, would love to strip it down and keep it for the future...
vinp182

Post by vinp182 »

Martin wrote:
vinp182 wrote:Wondered where this car had gone... I was shocked when I saw it up in Scotland a couple of weeks ago :)

Should have introduced yourself dude, would have been nice to get a chatter, how did the highland drive go ?
The weather wasn't bad at all for april :wink:

would have really liked a look around the cars, if i wasn't feeling so rough from the might before i may well have gatecrashed the venue and gone for a small cruise afterwards, you don't meet like minded individuals up this way very often :mrgreen:

I would have dude but I was bursting for a wee lol, I went back out after but you had already gone :(

HD was awesome, probs the best one yet that I've attended but I was glad to have booked 5 days in Edinburgh to chill after :D

Return to “Member Profiles”