[Mk2] [NA] What exact model Clifford alarm is this?

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BALDYMONSTER

[Mk2] [NA] What exact model Clifford alarm is this?

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

jon

Re: [Mk2] [NA] What exact model Clifford alarm is this?

Post by jon »

That remote was used on the G4 range of alarms.
BALDYMONSTER

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

What age would this alarm be?

I have a feeling it was installed by some xxx wearing a Stetson, cowboy boots and a set of Spurs.

However, I'm a big fan of Clifford's as i have used them on many other cars with no issues at all.

This one has passive arming with window closure if left unattended or if armed.

Turning ignition locks the doors and apparently it has many other features. Headlight activation via alarm fob, alarm fob boot release, possible remote start blah blah.

I'm keen to get this looked at and fitted professionally rather than rip it out and fit a band new alarm, realistically is this feasible and worthwhile or should I get it it ripped out and start again?

In all honesty I don't want to do the latter.

It occasionally seems to set off the standard alarm relay as well, drove me nuts so I tore out the old alarm module.

Please advice.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

I have the Concept 300 alarm, same keyfob as yours. Had loads of trouble when I first bought the car as the PO had gotten the alarm fitted by an Authorised Installer, shame he wasn't paying attention that day! After loads of hassle and a fair few trips to another Authorised Installer the alarm is working ok no. My Alarm was fitted circa 2002
rev3gtturbo

Post by rev3gtturbo »

If your asking what the alarm is, that means there is no certificate of installation, which basically means the car is not insured for theft.
(and if the car is insured through A-Pln then your whole insurance policy is will probably become void in a few weeks!).

Happened to me when I bought my car. Seller had certificate from an authorised Clifford installer. When I collected the car the certificate had gone missing and was never found.
Insurance broker initially said car insured but not for theft until produce certificate. After a few weeks the insurance broker said if don't produce certificate then whole policy void. :shock:
I called them to say its a fully working Clifford (and fairly confident of the model having seen the certificate before it was lost) and can demonstrate it to them. They declined, said needs to be a certificate from an authorised installer.

It was going to cost about 200 quid to get it re-certified by an authorised alarm installer (and vsib don't exist any more so I had to clarify if my local alarm installer would be acceptable).
Didn't think it was worth spending that money to re-certify an old alarm that could start playing up in a couple of years.
It was cheaper to have it removed by an authorised alarm installer and have something else fitted brand new that was acceptable to the insurance company.

What a waste of money and hassle just cos a certificate was lost by the previous owner. Perfectly working alarm ended up in the skip :roll:
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

rev3gtturbo wrote:If your asking what the alarm is, that means there is no certificate of installation, which basically means the car is not insured for theft.
(and if the car is insured through A-Pln then your whole insurance policy is will probably become void in a few weeks!).

Happened to me when I bought my car. Seller had certificate from an authorised Clifford installer. When I collected the car the certificate had gone missing and was never found.
Insurance broker initially said car insured but not for theft until produce certificate. After a few weeks the insurance broker said if don't produce certificate then whole policy void. :shock:
I called them to say its a fully working Clifford (and fairly confident of the model having seen the certificate before it was lost) and can demonstrate it to them. They declined, said needs to be a certificate from an authorised installer.

It was going to cost about 200 quid to get it re-certified by an authorised alarm installer (and vsib don't exist any more so I had to clarify if my local alarm installer would be acceptable).
Didn't think it was worth spending that money to re-certify an old alarm that could start playing up in a couple of years.
It was cheaper to have it removed by an authorised alarm installer and have something else fitted brand new that was acceptable to the insurance company.

What a waste of money and hassle just cos a certificate was lost by the previous owner. Perfectly working alarm ended up in the skip :roll:

Shame you didn't shop around. My local Clifford dealer will check and recertify any Clifford alarm for £45 plus VAT.
LukeSi

Post by LukeSi »

So how would I go about ripping this alarm out of my turbo?
Don't need it for my insurance and all it does is drain my battery overnight and go off randomly.

Return to “ICE and Security”