Locked calibration on EMS JDModified aka 3s service

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Poker Face

Locked calibration on EMS JDModified aka 3s service

Post by Poker Face »

I will cut a long story short but I went to get my car remapped as the current make was tonk. To my surprise it was locked out. When I asked for the password or an unlocked version of the call I was told sorry and if your current mapper is any good he'll use the online Help. To be honest the map is crap but it would have saved time setting up injectors etc. That may or may not save a few quid as it's not that hard to change.

What annoyed me is that James passes himself off as a guru when he re badges a base map calls it his own, then locks it and walks around like his the dogs conkers.

And James if you do ever read this I'll never need you, I know better and if I where to travel that far to get work done on an mr2. I would find one who isn't a liar (tax disc) that was recorded delivery, so I knew you were a liar then but I let it go.

The reason I'm annoyed, I'm the opposite end of the country I couldn't go to James if I wanted and a quick tweek .This has got bigger than Ben herr coz of James and his ego. I know I said let's not fall out after our last correspondence but I changed my mind.

If you want I'll paste our conversation?
In a couple of weeks time you will see a jdm map vs a guy who can map.
Ps rev3 engine, upgraded turbo gt3076r 800cc injectors i/c coil packs decat and less than stock power wtf! ? I'll do the Pepsi challenge with the maps when it's done.
3S Service Centre

Re: Locked calibration on EMS JDModified aka 3s service

Post by 3S Service Centre »

Aem ems 4 needs a passcode, I do not give out my password. Sorry.
Your car has a issue with the early onset of det which means the timing map is very very conservation so not to kill your engine.
If you can find and fix this det issue you will make lots more power and I wish you luck with that. You already know all this but are not satisfied with that explination. Sorry and good luck.
call James on 01256 883386 or 07786073755
Poker Face

Re: Locked calibration on EMS JDModified aka 3s service

Post by Poker Face »

Like I said to you when it's mapped properly and the lama sensor is connected it will a not be running too rich and b making more than a stock rev2 engine. Then when I post the two dynos we will see. The point is nobody really locks there calibrations. You never used to its not like you did a lot as you told me the online base maps will get me where I need to be so that is as good as saying that's all you did. I have a copy of the calibration Romain from eurospec 2000 did. I'll just use the wizard and change the injectors for starters. Romain made more power than you without any det. I should have learnt from the first time.
You really think your the only guy who can map James? Or maybe you want to mouth off about certain mappers who achieve decent power.
Oh and as you've guessed I'm not bothered about burning my bridges with you as I'd never let you near my car. I don't want more bits flying off my car on the way home thanks.
Good luck to you too.
P.s yes the AEM does need a pass code so as not to get a cranking fault amongst other things but the password could be one character as per the AEM website. You didn't need a complex password. Funny how you only cured this problem after you got me to buy some coil packs off you. Good drills getting the customer to get something he didn't want yet,to fix a known issue. Thanks for reminding me.

Return to “Trader Feedback”