www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
5S - GTE..sub-section
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Club News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MR2 Rich

Feedback Score: 6

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
MR2 Rich wrote:
Where does the money from membership go?

Into the IMOC bank account.

[Applause]

And it gets spent on what?
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Feedback Score: 18

2002 Noble M500

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

MR2 Rich wrote:
[Applause]

You asked the question!

MR2 Rich wrote:

IMOC is a Ltd. Co. So you, like any member of the public, can obtain a copy of the accounts from Co. House.

Start with server hosting fees, JAE and Japfest.
MR2 Rich

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

MR2 Rich wrote:
[Applause]

You asked the question!

MR2 Rich wrote:

IMOC is a Ltd. Co. So you, like any member of the public, can obtain a copy of the accounts from Co. House.

Start with server hosting fees, JAE and Japfest.

[thumleft]

Who is/are the Director(s) of IMOC ltd?
Tsia

1995 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/08783339/IMOC-LTD/directors-secretaries

[thumleft]
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 7

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Nope it's this one [Mr. Green]

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/06343647/IMOC-UK-LTD
Nails

Feedback Score: 15

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I've drove the Scooby in the google streetview, nearly swapped it for my tubby a couple of years ago, guess it accounts for his flashy rolex and turning up in a helicopter [Laughing]
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

MR2 Rich wrote:
So does Lauren actually own and run IMOC? Where does the money from membership go?

I am one of the directors. There are four of us. Toni, Patrick and Scott are the others.

IMOC is a non-profit limited company. We are a limited company because of a certain idiot trader who made stupid threats historically. We became a limited company simply to protect ourselves as a result of misguided supposed legal threats from said trader. Also becoming a limited company made it a bit easier to deal with traders and manage our income and ensure all monies are kept within the company. So practically speaking as well as limiting our liability it was the obvious thing to do.

None of us profit from IMOC. If anything it has cost us all money over the years! I've never claimed expenses for any travelling I've done on behalf of the club and IMOC still owes me ?25 for the stamps for JAE. Obviously any time I give as with the other directors and volunteers who run the club is free.

The money goes into paying for servers for the forum as well as events such as JAE. We also have to pay for liability insurance etc.

I'm sure our accountant/secretary can give you a break down of where money goes.
2013 GT86 Injen Induction. Volks Racing TE37s & TRD Aero Fins, Mega sounds. TEIN Street Flex 5/6kg, TEIN EDFC Active Pro. Tuning Developments Remap 4-1 Manifold, TD resonated exhaust, decat/overpipe, AP Racing 4 Pot front brakes. [lover]
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 40

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

The biggest expense by a country mile is JAE. Where a member pays for his/her entrance ticket for the show at face value, the cost of the pitch, the hire of the marquee, generators, furniture and of course the Hog Roast is all laid on for free. How long this will be sustainable remains to be seen. Membership numbers have stayed static for a while and we have valued members paying the ?7.50 (of which we only get ?7.04 after PayPal fees). This keeps the club afloat as well as our great affiliates and the fees they pay to trade on IMOC.
As others have pointed out we then pay server fees, legal fees, accountancy fees, liability insurance (for shows, in case the gazebo should blow over and smash someone's car etc), the list is endless...so we pretty much break even every year.

I am all for renewing the forum and we started talks again earlier this year to take us to the latest version of phpBB or migrating to VBulletin. Hopefully this will take us somewhere, but money is the issue. We will see. If it means ditching the 'Garage' feature then so be it. I think it will only be missed in the short term. If we added newer functionality, in line with today's technology such as tapatalk...then I can only see this as a good thing.

At the end of the day..IMOC does not belong to one person. Yes it is controlled by 4 directors, me as Chairman (elected by existing mods and admin), and Lauren as current vice chair( but she has pretty much stepped down in this role now), the admin and of course the moderators....but IMOC belongs to the members. Its you who make it what it is...its you that keeps the forum alive...its you that makes IMOC what it is today.
In the mod/admin world its a democratic society. Not even me as Chair and Director can make a decision without first conferring with others.
Occasionally we open up the doors and recruit new mods, when existing move on or step down due to time issues. Being a mod is a thankless task trust me!

If I was chair when the subject of transplanting different engines into MR2's I tell you now I would have welcomed it. I am all for innovation and progression. But what's done is done. IMOC, OC, TwoBrutal...we all have fantastic followings, and there is no reason why this cant continue. I am a member of all 3, as I would imagine most members are.

This years Japfest is tribute to the MR2 scene.. Over 50 MR2's will be gatherd on one stand, under each clubs own banner...it should make for a great spectacle.

Long live IMOC. Long love the MR2. [Mr. Green]

Oh...and get yourself to this years JAE and feast on some free Hog Roast.. [Wink]
raptor95GTS
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

so, does this mean no upgrades to the forum and it stays as is til the end of time(s)??
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 40

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

raptor95GTS wrote:
so, does this mean no upgrades to the forum and it stays as is til the end of time(s)??

I never said that? [Think]
I said we are currently discussing it....we are looking at options at present to see what the best fit for the forum/club is going forward.
raptor95GTS
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

nope, you didn't but the topic went into how the money was spent so I thought I'd nudge it back [Smile] Appreciate the clarification and looking forward to the changes [thumleft]
CalMac

Feedback Score: 17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Can't believe some members are questioning the few quid a year. IMOC is a great forum and it's helped me massively with my MR2's - from buying and selling parts to finding faults and fixing them, as well as meeting other car nuts of course!

And I think that a subsection for the 5SGTE would be a good idea - if members want to read about it then they can click the link, and it'll help to reduce the strain on the General MK2 subsection [Laughing] If anything, I've never particularly liked the search function. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong but it never seems to find anything remotely similar to what I'm after - if other users find that this is the case then this could explain why the same topics are always being brought up again and again..

Thanks again to those responsible for the maintenance of IMOC - I've moderated a relatively small local car enthusiast club and know how time-consuming and stressful it can be! So keep up the good work [thumleft]
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Feedback Score: 18

2002 Noble M500

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Mr.Two wrote:
Can't believe some members are questioning the few quid a year.

That's the way life is nowadays. Not many years ago members would happily pay a small fee in return for getting the information needed to get their car back on the road in double quick time.

Unfortunately, it's now "take what you can get, give nothing, and take a little bit more".

If it were me, i'd make:

browsing FOC
1st 5 posts FOC
6+ posts, buying and selling - pay annual membership fee
craig

Feedback Score: 141

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Mr.Two wrote:
Can't believe some members are questioning the few quid a year.

That's the way life is nowadays. Not many years ago members would happily pay a small fee in return for getting the information needed to get their car back on the road in double quick time.

Unfortunately, it's now "take what you can get, give nothing, and take a little bit more".
If it were me, i'd make:

browsing FOC
1st 5 posts FOC
6+ posts, buying and selling - pay annual membership fee

Agreed. And in bold, nail/head.

I would have nothing against a 5S-GTE section personally.
ashley

Feedback Score: 56

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: 5S - GTE..sub-section Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

MR2 Turbo Boy wrote:
Just wondering if we could start a 5S-GTE - section..

Seems a few members are changing over... [Whistle]

Cheers

Jon

Terrible idea [Shame on you]
MR2 Turbo Boy

Feedback Score: 16

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Do you reckon Ash..

Cheers, for getting the heater matrix, out from the MR2 at Pete's yesterday morning.. [Applause]
ashley

Feedback Score: 56

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

MR2 Turbo Boy wrote:
Do you reckon Ash..

Cheers, for getting the heater matrix, out from the MR2 at Pete's yesterday morning.. [Applause]

Just keeping up the grumpy front [Mr. Green]

No problem mate- hope you made good progress [thumleft]
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 204

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

RedMR? wrote:

I would have nothing against a 5S-GTE section personally.

I think a sub forum in the mk2 section would be great, so why are we just talking about it ? [Confused]
[email protected]
IMOC Affiliated Company

Feedback Score: 30

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

How many 5s-gte cars are there in the UK? I bet that number is less than 5.

We've spawned a whole V6 marque with literally hundreds of cars built, not to mention the dozens of Mk1 turbos etc yet no section for those which have a huge interest and following across the world.

If Imoc are going to have a new subsection it needs to be for all engine converted Mr2s, not just for the handful of 5s-gte builds.

Feedback Score: 8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

since this topic was created, how many 5sgte topics have been created? hardly any..

it would be as empty as the mk3 section [Mr. Green]

pointless
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Club News and Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: