almostaverage :(

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

raptor95GTS

almostaverage :(

Post by raptor95GTS »

ok, here goes. Didn't want to do this but it needs done.

Bought a 2nd hand coolant radiator from almostaverage (Mick) and it's been a total mess. Short story - I pay him for an OEM radiator (it isn't as the drain plug and bleed valve are mostly definitely not Toyota but meh not a problem), he sends it to the wrong address despite me giving him my exact work details, he blames me, well his wife does, for not knowing how works in the same building, courier gets radiator returned to them, who then forward it on to me and by the time it gets here both water pipes are damaged and an end cap is bashed in. Courier has admitted liability and with 50quid std insurance, me and Mick are both covered. Except he's kept my money and the compensation pay out from said courier.

Storyline below

Aug 18 I pay for radiator and give my full works address for it to be delivered
Aug 18 Mick confirms money received and says collection organised for the Wednesday
Aug 21 I PM Mick and ask if radiator was collected, he confirms yes and delivery expected Aug 22
Aug 23 after querying Mick about the radiator as it wasn't delivered to my work, he comes back with the address of confirmed delivery, which isn't my company name. Correct address but wrong company name and they dont exist in my building. Turns out Micks wife arranged courier and selected the wrong company from the courier form.. I then get blamed for not knowing who works in the same building as me... I do and I know the company she selected isn't one of them
Aug 25 it's a bank holiday and no one from courier company available to provide proof of delivery and signature
Aug 27 Mick starts getting annoyed with me because I'm pushing him to get details of where the damned radiator is. I've already pointed out I need a radiator and the one he sent aint no where to be found. I've chased my lot, it aint there. I've chased the lawyers in the same building as me, it aint with them. I've even spoken to the company he did address it too, it aint there either
Aug 27 I purchase a brand new radiator from a company and wait for that to be delivered
Aug 27 Mick informs me, 3 hrs after I purchased a new radiator from another company that his originally sent radiator has been located and returned to the courier and it's now being redirected back to me.... I decide not to cancel my brand new order, just in case like
Sep 01 pick up Micks radiator from work and it's a dud. Both water pipes are D shaped and one of the end cores has taken a big dunt. Looks like it didn't survive the double courier journey but the actual core, now that's untouched from what I can see. The damage to the packaging of the radiator was only apparent after I removed all the shrink wrapping that had been put on at some point after original collection from Mick
Sep 01 after speaking to courier they advise me that Mick is the only one that can take action for any compensation claim since he is their customer, I'm just the recipient.
Sep 02 Mick supplies email address and I send him pictures of the damaged radiator and the damage on the packaging.
Sep 08 After being queried on compensation claim status, Mick informs me it's still ongoing with the courier
Sep 14 Mick informs me courier has admitted liability for the damage and agreed to pay compensation
Sep 23 Mick says courier hasn't paid out yet

Mick no longer responding to my PM's

present day - still no refund from Mick so he's got my fifty quid that I paid for his radiator, the compensation the courier has agreed to pay out so he's doing very nicely indeed. I have this all in my PM's as I'm sure Mick has too so any mods want to investigate, feel free
almostaverage

Re: almostaverage :(

Post by almostaverage »

Almostaverage, me, has not received any compensation, he does have all correspondence however, which i am quite sure proves without a doubt the item sold and sent was as described , including being a stock item!!.
Moderators have deemed it fair to bar me from selling on the strength of this feedback so i have no more comment to make untill the radiator is back in my possesion, in the condition it was when last pictured.
Please take care to be sure of your facts regarding whether a refund has been paid or not.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

mick,
since 1st September when I first got my paws on that radiator and spotted the damage, it has been waiting collection / inspection but no one has asked to collect it, not even you. It isn't as described otherwise I'd have put it in my car and we wouldn't have had this issue. You have the photographs of the damage both to radiator and the packaging which I sent you on the 2nd September so it's not like you cannot compare your advert pics with the ones I took. Also, it's not OEM cause it doesn't have the bleed pipe at the top, just a basic twist valve with no hose attachment <- that I couldn't care less about as my old replacement and current replacement don't have it either. What I care about it the D shaped water pipes and the bashed end cap which I fully believe was caused by the courier and since you have their agreement of liability, they also believe they damaged it so what's the problem?

You said the courier has accepted liability, that was 14th September so how come you have not refunded me? Doesn't take 3wks to do that nor does it take the courier company that long to refund either. Have you even spoken to the courier company or did you just make that up? Mick, your damaged radiator and packaging are here and getting in my way, you want it back great, arrange for the courier to collect it and give me my money back tonight.

Any Glasgow based member is welcome to come and look at the radiator and the packaging for an independent view or a mod if any are up here.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

mick, still no attempt on your part to retrieve your damaged in transit radiator nor any sign of my refund. I'm hoping you are sorting both out and not just scamming people when things go wrong.
killerferret666

Post by killerferret666 »

I'm going to offer advice on what I did when something was damaged I was sending.

Asked would they hold on to it till refund was cleared then they could keep or dump it, as it was just a waste of money to send the item back when I'd just bin it.

It took just over 28days for my refund from applying, so probably almost 40days in total, apologised to the guy. I got my refund, he got his and he chucked item in the bin as it was useless.

Pain in the ar$e for all but it always is when this happens.
My Blog on Miami GT4 kit car build using MR2 Donor Car

http://miamigt4kitcar.blogspot.co.uk/

twitter for photo's as I'm building -
www.twitter.com/iwanabeaferret
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

yeah see there is my problem. Since the courier has accepted responsibility I cannot for the life of me see why the seller wouldn't refund my monies, he's going to get back his money anyway so what's the issue with giving me my money back?

If I had sent something, it got broke in the delivery process i'd be going out of my way to get the buyer his money back. The second the courier said yep our fault, bang the buyer would have his money back. Maybe I'm just daft that way.

Incidentally - no response from Mick aka almostaverage. no emails, nothing.
almostaverage

Post by almostaverage »

im still waiting for the return of the radiator as stated way back in the first reply.
There are no options offered , You return the item, not me sorting out couriers for you or any other efforts on my part.I spent enough time sorting couriers from over 400 miles away when the item you purchased was delivered on time into the same building you work .
Incidentally the only reason a refund was agreed was because the courier made the mistake with the address , not us . Your company was not listed on their mailing list at that address, they delivered it to reception on the ground floor . Did you think we would know who the hell you shared a building with !!. Anyway all that is incidental, return the rad or stop bleeting. If you had not started this aggrevation for me you would have received the refund and could have fitted the rad for all i cared , but because you have no patience and like to falsely accuse people of god knows what , you can go through the correct process.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

almostaverage wrote:im still waiting for the return of the radiator as stated way back in the first reply. There are no options offered , You return the item, not me sorting out couriers for you or any other efforts on my part.I spent enough time sorting couriers from over 400 miles away when the item you purchased was delivered on time into the same building you work .
Incidentally the only reason a refund was agreed was because the courier made the mistake with the address , not us . Your company was not listed on their mailing list at that address, they delivered it to reception on the ground floor . Did you think we would know who the hell you shared a building with !!. Anyway all that is incidental, return the rad or stop bleeting. If you had not started this aggrevation for me you would have received the refund and could have fitted the rad for all i cared , but because you have no patience and like to falsely accuse people of god knows what , you can go through the correct process.

So you accept I am due a refund and out of badness you are not refunding me??? Causing issues am I? Nothing like a useless radiator to ruin our days eh? The courier company is paying out, why do you need the radiator back if they say they are paying out??? why haven't you paid me back yet if you KNOW the courier is paying you back??? I think everyone on this forum can see you for exactly the type of person you are.

You have never given me a return address nor indicated you expected me to return it, as you say above, courier company is paying out for their fault

The courier company didn't have my company listed at the address I gave you, so you chose a random company name and that's my fault how? Why didn't you confirm with me first instead of picking the wrong details? My building doesn't have a ground floor reception or office, it has a lobby with escalators and stairs to the first floor where the building manager has a desk. I know him well and no radiator was ever delivered to the building 22nd August cause I checked with him. Car radiators are bulky items, trust me when I say he would have known it was my parcel had it been delivered to the address I gave you.

It's not an OEM radiator anyone looking at the pics you have can tell it's a pattern part which like I've said isn't a problem but it's not OEM so actually that is your problem for wrongly describing it. However, as stated I would have fitted it without a second thought except for the D shaped pipes that should be O and of course the huge dent in the end tank where it obviously got dropped. So, what's you return address Mick?
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

er Mick... I just spoke to Hermes and what a wonderful wonderful helpful human being it was I spoke to, in summary

they confirmed you forwarded on the pictures of the damaged radiator I had sent you - thank you for that.
they confirmed your compensation is being paid out for the damage they caused
they confirmed they DO NOT want the radiator as they are not querying the damage so they don't need / want it for evidence as the pictures speak volumes
confirmed that YOU put the wrong address on the label not them but as it was damaged in their hands, they accept responsibility for it and have agreed to pay out.

er why do you need the radiator back for me to get my refund if Hermes don't want it back or need it to pay your compensation ...........
almostaverage

Post by almostaverage »

raptor95GTS wrote:
almostaverage wrote:im still waiting for the return of the radiator as stated way back in the first reply. There are no options offered , You return the item, not me sorting out couriers for you or any other efforts on my part.I spent enough time sorting couriers from over 400 miles away when the item you purchased was delivered on time into the same building you work .

So you accept I am due a refund and out of badness you are not refunding me??? Causing issues am I? Nothing like a useless radiator to ruin our days eh? The courier company is paying out, why do you need the radiator back if they say they are paying out??? why haven't you paid me back yet if you KNOW the courier is paying you back??? I think everyone on this forum can see you for exactly the type of person you are.

You have never given me a return address nor indicated you expected me to return it, as you say above, courier company is paying out for their fault

The courier company didn't have my company listed at the address I gave you, so you chose a random company name and that's my fault how? Why didn't you confirm with me first instead of picking the wrong details? My building doesn't have a ground floor reception or office, it has a lobby with escalators and stairs to the first floor where the building manager has a desk. I know him well and no radiator was ever delivered to the building 22nd August cause I checked with him. Car radiators are bulky items, trust me when I say he would have known it was my parcel had it been delivered to the address I gave you.

It's not an OEM radiator anyone looking at the pics you have can tell it's a pattern part which like I've said isn't a problem but it's not OEM so actually that is your problem for wrongly describing it. However, as stated I would have fitted it without a second thought except for the D shaped pipes that should be O and of course the huge dent in the end tank where it obviously got dropped. So, what's you return address Mick?

To be a good liar , you need a good memory. I guess you just forgot!!
NavigationHomeSend a parcelOur servicesNewsHelpView & track your shipments
TRACKING RESULTS FOR 8414694248755485
LIVE Last update 15:06 This page will auto-update in 5 minutes
Current parcel status: Delivered - signature received from customer

Awaiting collection
19/08/2014 05:43 Awaiting collection by myHermes %
Parcel collected by myHermes
19/08/2014 13:51 Collected by the courier %
20/08/2014 11:06 Received at the sender's local depot %
On its way to the courier
21/08/2014 13:47 Sorted at national hub %
21/08/2014 23:37 Received at recipient's local depot %
22/08/2014 04:39 In transit to the recipient's local courier %
With the courier to be delivered
22/08/2014 04:39 Out with the recipient's local courier for delivery %
22/08/2014 08:19 Received by the recipient's local courier %
Delivered
22/08/2014 16:58 Delivered - signature received from customer %Any questions? Visit our help and contact section.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

almostaverage wrote:
raptor95GTS wrote:

To be a good liar , you need a good memory. I guess you just forgot!!
NavigationHomeSend a parcelOur servicesNewsHelpView & track your shipments
TRACKING RESULTS FOR 8414694248755485
LIVE Last update 15:06 This page will auto-update in 5 minutes
Current parcel status: Delivered - signature received from customer

Awaiting collection
19/08/2014 05:43 Awaiting collection by myHermes %
Parcel collected by myHermes
19/08/2014 13:51 Collected by the courier %
20/08/2014 11:06 Received at the sender's local depot %
On its way to the courier
21/08/2014 13:47 Sorted at national hub %
21/08/2014 23:37 Received at recipient's local depot %
22/08/2014 04:39 In transit to the recipient's local courier %
With the courier to be delivered
22/08/2014 04:39 Out with the recipient's local courier for delivery %
22/08/2014 08:19 Received by the recipient's local courier %
Delivered
22/08/2014 16:58 Delivered - signature received from customer %Any questions? Visit our help and contact section.

so now I'm a liar eh ??? Be careful what you say Mick or is it your wife Jo posting now???? Guess it must annoy you she put the wrong details on the courier form eh? Yeah it was delivered 22nd August but NOT TO MY OFFICE OR BUILDING! How many times do I have to state this for it to get into your skull, it's even in my first post which you seem to have ignored as it doesn't suit your version of events. You really are flogging a dead horse here. Despite me giving you my work address your wife selected the wrong company name and it got delivered to god only knows where! I checked every company in the building, all two of them and I checked the company your wife sent it to and they didn't have it either. You stated above the radiator was delivered to the ground floor reception, my building has no reception on the ground floor so it wasn't delivered to the right place. If you cannot be bothered arranging couriers or putting the right buyers address on the labels then stop selling parts! How is it my fault you sent it to the wrong company, I gave the damned address and everyone else has managed just fine :roll:

The courier has agreed and confirmed they are compensating you for the damaged radiator , they told me over the phone yesterday so you should be refunding me, no one is losing any money over this transaction - courier is refunding you, you refund me so we're both happy. You've admitted you haven't refunded my money because you are being awkward, which is a shame as everyone reading these posts can see exactly what kind of person you are.
almostaverage

Post by almostaverage »

be careful what i say, why?. Do i have your permission to put your company address up on here? along side the recipient address and original order details which quite clearly match your company address (although not your company name) your name and post code. Once that info is displayed anyone will be able to mock up an order through hermes and see your company is not listed at the said address on their drop down selection. As can be seen above the radiator was delivered on the 22nd , and it was to your address.
Incidentally whilst talking to your new best friend at Hermes , why didnt you sort the refund out for yourself?or even ask for a return address, care to share their name , so that when i next contact them i can speak to the same person?.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

almostaverage wrote:be careful what i say, why?. Do i have your permission to put your company address up on here? along side the recipient address and original order details which quite clearly match your company address (although not your company name) your name and post code. Once that info is displayed anyone will be able to mock up an order through hermes and see your company is not listed at the said address on their drop down selection. As can be seen above the radiator was delivered on the 22nd , and it was to your address.
Incidentally whilst talking to your new best friend at Hermes , why didnt you sort the refund out for yourself?or even ask for a return address, care to share their name , so that when i next contact them i can speak to the same person?.

Accusing me of being a liar isn't very nice so aye be careful what you say about folks, in the first instance it's not nice and secondly it's not true.

I work for a company that is part of a group which has / had some government contracts and as a consequence of those political masters, not a very good public relationship in some quarters so I'd rather you didn't post it, obv I can't stop you.

I've just checked the Hermes website and they've updated their system to now show the correct two companies in the building and have removed the one your wife used in error, guess they don't want a repeat of the issue eh?. However, having checked City-Link they provide three companies in their dropdown list and one of which has my company name in it, the other firm in the building and funnily enough the one your wife chose who actually isn't in the building. UPS just ask for the details to be manually typed in. Amazing old world when two courier firms have different details on the same address and the third is just a copy and paste address fields you could have used from my PM with the address details I gave you. No other parcel for which I had sent to my work using those details has gone missing, I've got every single one except yours.

Hermes won't give me your details as you are their customer and I could be anyone asking for your details, that would be a breach of the Data Protection Act and quite rightly you would be entitled to sue the butt off them :thumleft: I spoke to Nazreen at Hermes, feel free to ask her about the refund they have on their system for you. I'm really struggling as to why you are delaying paying the refund you owe me and yet you have not sent your address details to me either?? You know Hermes don't need or want the radiator for inspection as they've agreed to pay your compensation so why would you want to incur extra costs to get the radiator returned to you - you will be paying for that return postage cause I aint paying for something that's completely unnecessary. The radiator is still here, at my home and I can take a pic for you with todays date and the England Estonia score on a bit of paper so you know it's todays pic? Would that help prove to you the radiator has not been fitted?

Your wife never asked me to confirm the address and instead chose one of the three and actually managed to chose the one that doesn't (and hasn't for at least 5 yrs!) reside in the building. Had I been asked I can have confirmed the correct address but neither of you asked for confirmation. Not my fault the courier firm you chose is out of date
You admit you put wrong company name on the form, well actually your wife did
You've stated yourself that you're with holding my refund which you readily admit I'm due and you're withholding my refund out of spite
You know Hermes are paying out the compensation for the radiator which they admit the damaged so neither of us are losing out financially here so why play out this fight for everyone on here to see?

We're both losing time which could be easily spent doing something more productive so why not just refund the damned 53quid or 50quid that matches your compensation and then we can both move on and happily ignore each other on the forums
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

A couple of suggestions:

If the radiator is damaged, why not email photos to the seller. That'll save sending it back. If the courier insists on seeing the radiator (unusual), then the seller needs to return ASAP. Most businesses would arrange collection, but some don't.

It is the responsibility of the sender to ensure the goods arrive in good condition. Therefore if damaged in transit, seller should refund buyer. If buyer is insured, he then claims from courier. The seller should not be delayed in reimbusrsement.

These suggestions are neutral and are aimed at resolving the issue without unnecessary delay.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

hi Peter, I reported the damage to the courier on the 1st September who did indeed ask for pictures to be sent to Mick aka almostaverage (the seller in this instance) and I duly asked Mick for an email address in order to send the pics to him. Mick supplied his wives email address on the 2nd Sept and I email the pics to her that night. It is those pictures I sent on the 2nd that he submitted to the courier, Hermes told me this on Saturday there, confirming they had the pictures, had agreed to pay out compensation for the damaged item which Micks confirms he knows all this and no they didn't want the radiator back as it wasn't worth their effort to send someone to inspect it.

In short - he has pictures and has had for over a month, courier doesn't want the radiator back and is paying Mick his compensation
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Please remember only the two involved parties to post.

My post above is merely to offer direction to resolution.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

just to update this,

no sign of refund for busted unusable radiator
no contact from Mick or his wife

Mick, the courier had confirmed weeks they don't want the radiator back and were / had refunded you so if you want it back, you arrange collection and let me know when it's happening. If I hear nothing by end of tomorrow, the damned thing is going in the bin. You've had 2 months to sort this out and you've just done hee haw.
BALDYMONSTER

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

Hey Mick how's things?

Looks like you have some precon for lying and ripping people off then.

Don't worry about refunding me via PayPal for yet more faulty goods, and don't worry about replying to my many pm's anymore.

I'll come and see you in person to save you the bother, just have my cash ready and I'll bring the second broken, useless part you sold me and give that to you in person as well.

Best wishes......
almostaverage

Post by almostaverage »

im not going to stoop to your level Chris , but to set the record straight. the only reason you have not had a reply to pms , is because the only thing i am allowed to reply to is this .I have tried to reply to your last 3 pms , which are the only three you have not had a reply to, mainly because i wanted to know why you were now complaining that the flexi section you purchased on 25th september and received on the 29th september was now blowing!. As for the other useless part you swapped the flexi for , a rev2 aerial, i have since sold and received feedback for, and as stated was in full working order. . i have a full record of over 25 messages between myself and this member which back up everything above, not least of which is this

please dont make out you have to involve anybody else to get in touch with me on a personal level , because you have my full name and address already, as i have yours. Your only legitiimate grievance is i have not answered your mail, then i suggest you take that up with the people blocking my account.And if the reason the account is still blocked , is because RAPTOR has not received a refund . It will remain blocked , because he still to this day has not returned the radiator.

ImageImage
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

almostaverage wrote:

then i suggest you take that up with the people blocking my account.And if the reason the account is still blocked , is because RAPTOR has not received a refund . It will remain blocked , because he still to this day has not returned the radiator.

What account are you referring to as being Blocked ?

Just out of Interest, did you ever receive the Insurance pay out from Hermes ?

Return to “Trader Feedback”