cheap MOTs

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Nimbus

cheap MOTs

Post by Nimbus »

this might be of some use to anyone due an MOT soon,
or in my case to find out how many things are wrong with it !!

Kwikfit are doing MOTs at 40% off if you book it in online first...

http://www.kwik-fit.com/arrange-mot.asp

So thats £25 for an MOT... not a bad saving... :)
kevin..in

Re: cheap MOTs

Post by kevin..in »

but then how much will it cost when the spotty lad says I'm an expert and you need your brakes/suspension and exhaust doing. Go to an MOT testing only place where they make money from doing tests not selling stuff you dont need :shock:
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

kevin..in wrote:but then how much will it cost when the spotty lad says I'm an expert and you need your brakes/suspension and exhaust doing. Go to an MOT testing only place where they make money from doing tests not selling stuff you dont need :shock:

no, no... I've seen the advert on TV... :wink:
they wouldnt do that would they :roll: #-o

hehe, for my part, I know if those three things are ok, its whether the emissions, rust and the other stuff is ok... especially the rust..

My kwikfit is surprisingly good, they were by far the cheapest for 4 tyres on my main car, by about £150 like for like...
And last time I used kwikfit for the 2 they were very complimentry about it...
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

So obviously they are offering a cheap mot 'cause they just feel generous :? :?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

kevin..in wrote:So obviously they are offering a cheap mot 'cause they just feel generous :? :?

DAFL.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
stevenb

Post by stevenb »

mate....the best thing you can do is find the cheapest deal around.
it depends how well you know your car.

i regularly keep track and regularly inspect the whole car.
so if your happy that all is fine (if you know what your doing that is :wink: ) and go to an MOT test station then you'll be fine.
emissions might be a fail which you wont pick up really........so I'd go for the special offer :wink:
if they start coming out saying this and that is wrong and you know it isn't then go elsewhere.
I had my last 2 cars MOT'd at £15 special offer at my local fastfit station.
the tester passed my old mk1 no probs and my old mondeo faile on new discs which were replaced sameday and he passed it within an hour....
so not all places are bad. 8-[ ......perhaps.
rat boy

Cheap MOT's

Post by rat boy »

I'm based in Scarborough and our Mk1b gets its MOT's done at Arundale Peugeot Express Fit on Seamer Road. They do MOT's for £20 which is a real saving. Like some members here, I thought that the car would get snagged on things just so the discount would be recouped. I'm pleased to say that it has always gone straight through with no advisories, plus some complimentaries about the condition of the car itself =D> So these discounts do work but I think it very likely depends on the quality of the personnel!
MartG

Post by MartG »

I usually use a place in St Annes near where I work ( so I can drop the car off and walk into work - as I get paid by the hour an important consideration ). So far they have never tried to rip me off - only ever had one failure in 10 years I've been using them, and that was the first time after buying the SC ( welding needed ).

Same place also recently was cheapest for new tyres for Liz's Astra turbo ( £70 a corner cheaper than KwikFit for Pirelli P9000s ).
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

Had you ever been in the motor trade and seen things from the other side of the fence so to speak you would't be so forgiving :?

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”