How good are snoopers?

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rev2_mike

How good are snoopers?

Post by Rev2_mike »

Im looking at getting an s3 neo - are these worth having or is it just a total waste of money? Dont want to spend a small fortune on a radar detector, but one that worked quite well would probably be a good idea!
ryan

Re: How good are snoopers?

Post by ryan »

My mate has the one that cost about 3oo quid. It was the top model aboutb 22 years ago in the range, the 6 5s or something :?
He got done by a mobile laser gun in a van, and it very rarely goes off at Gatsos, but always goes off at automatic doors in petrol stations etc.
Apparently the beams of infa red arent detected if the Gatso is switched off, or if the speed gun isn't being aimed at you, so the snooper won't react :?

I think you're best off getting a laser jammer, problem is they are illegal to use, but they ain't gonna get a speed reading from you :wink:
robbie_742003

Post by robbie_742003 »

I've got a 815is one( i think!) and its pretty good, it DOES go off at almost anything but its has saved me on a few occasions! :D
Last edited by robbie_742003 on Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I've had a bell euro550 which was the top one when i bought it a couple of years ago.

Have to say it does work really well. Yes of course automatic doors set it off but it picks up Gatsos with plenty of warning and also mobile cameras plus laser (though that one isn't overly useful).
DaveMPB

Post by DaveMPB »

my friend has a Road Angel and it goes off at everything, he has to up date it via the internet so it picks up new cameras. its about £350 but well worth it!!
Turbo power baby!!
Dunc

Post by Dunc »

I've got an ancient snooper which I've had for about 8 years. I've also got a driving licence so I guess it works. :lol: It will only pick up a GATSO if there are other cars going through it (it detects the signal bouncing off another car as it passes the camera so no cars = no signal to detect) It also kindly warns me of supermarkets, petrol station, etc. (I assume this is a 'WARNING: LADY DRIVERS/OAPs OPPERATING IN THIS AREA' signal! :shock: :wink:) If you're doing 165mph in a thirty it wont give you enough waning to pull up before you get flashed but TBH you deserve a ticket for that! It'll warn you if you've krept up to 40 tho. That's my 2p worth!

Hope it helps,
Dunc
mark nadin

Post by mark nadin »

If the police force gets it's way by late spring anything that can detect mobile speed traps i.e hand held guns or those safety vans will be deemed ilegal :evil: it will be a crime to have one in your car even if it is not in use the only ones that will meet with this new law will be the gps type the ones that have each fixed site gatso specs truvelo etc uploaded into them i think cyclops are the only one at the minute who properly conform to this new law so before you spend any cash i would check and see when this law will come into force
AM TUNING

Post by AM TUNING »

i have a snooper s4 neo

its very good never goes off with lights or supermarket doors,

it works superb in all my car execpt my tubbie which it has trouble picking up gps signal , and takes ages to start it the mornings
Dunc

Post by Dunc »

mark nadin wrote:If the police force gets it's way by late spring anything that can detect mobile speed traps i.e hand held guns or those safety vans will be deemed ilegal :evil:

Good point, but isn't speeding illegal anyway! :wink:
mark nadin

Post by mark nadin »

Speeding is illegal and i would never speed and anyone whos says they have seen me speeding is a liar cause i was never even there and sumthing any way and i was going to fast so there in a vicky pollard little britain style :P
Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

ryan wrote:

I think you're best off getting a laser jammer, problem is they are illegal to use, but they ain't gonna get a speed reading from you :wink:

Where can I get one from mate? this sounds seriously exciting stuff. and how much? interested. 8)
nikaso

Post by nikaso »

Ahem, ::puts geeky hat on::

You can't really have a Laser "jammer" per se, I think you mean a laser diffuser, you can find them here

http://www.radardetectors.co.uk/target_lrc100.htm

Its a radar jammer you are thinking of.

No idea how good these diffusers are btw, but the look good! :lol:

Return to “ICE and Security”