Ps4 or Xbox one?

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mikee66

Ps4 or Xbox one?

Post by mikee66 »

Just wondering what folk are going for?

At the moment I have Pre-orders for both on release day and a few games to keep me going but that may change.

If I were going to cancel one it would have to e the Xbox though I'm afraid
T.F.S.

Re: Ps4 or Xbox one?

Post by T.F.S. »

I have a couple of each on pre order :)
dazzz wrote:I'm no expert but
dawesy

Post by dawesy »

as neither are offering backward capability im not sure im going for either :(
craig

Post by craig »

dawesy wrote:as neither are offering backward capability im not sure im going for either :(

This^

Probably neither. My 7 year old Xbox 360 is doing me fine at the minute.

Plus the fact I'm not really interested in paying nearly £500 for a games console. :lol:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

XB1 for me. Got Forza 5 (Killer Instinct) and Battlefield 4 coming with it so that'll keep me happy for quiet a while. Got about £200 worth of GAME vouchers so console isn't costing me much at all! :thumleft:

Dash demo:

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/10/27/xbo ... board-demo

Looks pretty damn slick.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
gnzyza

Post by gnzyza »

PS4 purely because it's what I've always had, and would have to have GranTurismo.

saying that the ps3 controller hurts my hands after playing for a while.
craig

Post by craig »

I think if I was going for the next console, it'd be the PS4.
iain2010

Post by iain2010 »

Will have to stay true to playstation I think. Saying that though I wont be getting one straight away.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Xbone for me. Partly because the games announced so far are more my thing, partly because I prefer XBL to PSN, and partly because I think the Kinect integration looks incredible.

Also I can't stand the DS controllers, and it's a shame Sony didn't change like they were going to as I'd have been tempted to get both. Will no doubt end up with a PS4 at some point, but for now the Xbone will do me nicely.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Agreed mate. Got nothing against Sony or the playstation as I loved my PS1 but cant stand the duel shock pads and preferred the games on the 360.

Seen the XB1 vs PS4 Battlefield 4 comparisons yet? Contrast levels, detail and lighting effects definitely look better on the XB1. Some lighting effects are missing altogether on the PS4 which is very surprising.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

thai boxer wrote:Agreed mate. Got nothing against Sony or the playstation as I loved my PS1 but cant stand the duel shock pads and preferred the games on the 360.

Seen the XB1 vs PS4 Battlefield 4 comparisons yet? Contrast levels, detail and lighting effects definitely look better on the XB1. Some lighting effects are missing altogether on the PS4 which is very surprising.

hmmm everything I've read says the opposite mate, It plays and looks better on the PS4. Is it not the case that XB1 is playing at 720p and the PS4 is 900p and the frame rate drops quite substantially on the XB1 compared to the PS4

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/43 ... ltiplayer/

http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/battl ... eview.html

Also it's just been announced that COD will run at 1080p nativity on PS4 and 720p XB1
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

i don't know much about either console but are they seriously not backwards compatible?? i probably won't bother with any of them, i literally only bought any of my consoles for the GTA series. ps2 then xbox360. so i won't buy any of the new gen until another GTA comes out :(
cabrioman

Post by cabrioman »

Had an xbox 360 but sold it for a ps3. Much nicer console in my opinion so if i was going to buy one it would be a ps4
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Mikee check out the comparison videos on YouTube mate, theyve got them running side by side and xb1 does look better. Textures and lighting effects are missing on the ps4 and it just looks slightly more 'washed out' which really was suprising.

Theyve also got xb1 and ps4 vs pc gameplay and you would expect the pc to p*ss all over both but they look so so similar. ..which is great obviously.

They've also got frame rate comparisons of both consoles playing through the campaign, both consoles drop from 60fps in different places and at different times which is interesting to see. Not that it matters in the slightest cos you dont notice it at all while playing/watching without the frame rate graph running along the bottom of the screen!

Game still looks f**king amazing though and will be damn good fun to play on both machines! :twisted:

Heres the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lspjyu31Joo

Watching it on a 50" plasma in HD you really see the difference.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

thai boxer wrote:Mikee check out the comparison videos on YouTube mate, theyve got them running side by side and xb1 does look better. Textures and lighting effects are missing on the ps4 and it just looks slightly more 'washed out' which really was suprising.

Theyve also got xb1 and ps4 vs pc gameplay and you would expect the pc to p*ss all over both but they look so so similar. ..which is great obviously.

They've also got frame rate comparisons of both consoles playing through the campaign, both consoles drop from 60fps in different places and at different times which is interesting to see. Not that it matters in the slightest cos you dont notice it at all while playing/watching without the frame rate graph running along the bottom of the screen!

Game still looks f**king amazing though and will be damn good fun to play on both machines! :twisted:

Heres the link:

Hmm maybe you see it that way but the videos I've seen show a jaggy game on the XB1 which is to be expected given the upscaling the console is forced to do.

What do you think of the fact that pretty much every game is going to be native 720p as opposed to 1080p as shown on the PS4?

That'll make a massive difference when watching on your 50" plasma.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

mikee66 wrote:
thai boxer wrote:Mikee check out the comparison videos on YouTube mate, theyve got them running side by side and xb1 does look better. Textures and lighting effects are missing on the ps4 and it just looks slightly more 'washed out' which really was suprising.

Heres the link:

Hmm maybe you see it that way but the videos I've seen show a jaggy game on the XB1 which is to be expected given the upscaling the console is forced to do.

What do you think of the fact that pretty much every game is going to be native 720p as opposed to 1080p as shown on the PS4?

That'll make a massive difference when watching on your 50" plasma.

You cant see the difference in that video!? :shock: Look at the car scene with the rain and light effects....completely missing in the PS4 version. Just very suprising thats all I'm saying.

Pretty much every game? Not at all mate, far from it, there's plenty of games on both consoles that will be both native 720p and 1080p. MGS5 is 720p on both consoles, Forza 5, fifa 14, nba 2014 etc on xb1 are all native 1080p 60fps and they are day one launch titles. 720p/1080p isn't the issue anyway, its frame rate that destroys games.

Doesn't bother me at all mate.....I won't be playing COD anyway! :wink:

Just to make this very clear, Im not bashing the ps4 and bigging up the xb1 in the slightest. Leave that to the very sad childish fanboys. Competition is a great thing, we the gamers are the only ones that benefit from it all. :thumleft:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

No doubt the PS4 is more powerful, but even with the extra pixels I can't stand the soft lighting that the PS4 seems to have carried over from the PS3. I put these early differences down to programming rather than hardware alone, but as long as the games I buy (so not CoD or BF4) look awesome in my home then I'll be happy.

If I was worried about resolution then I'd have bought a PC.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Dual shock controllers hurt my hands too. I thought I was the only one!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Nah, I hate them too. They feel very awkward to use, having both thumbsticks on the same level. It's a poor design, and the
PS4 designers wanted to move away from it but it was ruled part of the PS DNA so they left them where they are.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Ekona wrote:Nah, I hate them too. They feel very awkward to use, having both thumbsticks on the same level. It's a poor design, and the
PS4 designers wanted to move away from it but it was ruled part of the PS DNA so they left them where they are.

Exact reason I never bought a PS2 or PS3, cant stand the pads. Borrowed my mates PS3 and played through The Last Of Us and couldn't wait to get back to the 360 pad.

I've played on the PS4 and dont like the new design either, its an improvement over the PS3 but still no where near as comfy as the XB1 pad.

Return to “Games Consoles”