"No posts exist for this topic"

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

KarlBristol

"No posts exist for this topic"

Post by KarlBristol »

I was wondering why the phrase "No posts exist for this topic" gets displayed sometimes. I've gone to look at the forum downtime thread and its popped up :-k

Does this appear when a thread has been moved into the moderators section, and if so why is the thread title and number of pages still visible to me?

I'm just intrigued :lol:
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
juliankv73

Photos upside down??

Post by juliankv73 »

Has anyone else experienced this?

A few threads ie some of the for sale ones have the photos upside down, then at another time are upright again, then upside down on another time??

:-k
KarlBristol

Re: Photos upside down??

Post by KarlBristol »

juliankv73 wrote:Has anyone else experienced this?

A few threads ie some of the for sale ones have the photos upside down, then at another time are upright again, then upside down on another time??

:-k

I think that the photo orientation thing might be a photobucket issue but don't quote me on it... I know that when my photobucket account was playing up the photos were all over the place :lol:

Lets make sure it's not this forum, and build a new improved IMOC forum :mrgreen:

Ryan6926

Re: "No posts exist for this topic"

Post by Ryan6926 »

I found the same thing when it came up in here about the forum being down for some time :)
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

yeah i get it on a few posts.. not sure why..
nothing to do with photobucket
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

KarlBristol wrote:I was wondering why the phrase "No posts exist for this topic" gets displayed sometimes. I've gone to look at the forum downtime thread and its popped up :-k

Does this appear when a thread has been moved into the moderators section, and if so why is the thread title and number of pages still visible to me?

I'm just intrigued :lol:

From what I understand it's due to the shuffling of accounts from earlier, the system seems to count deleted posts so it thinks a new page is being started so adds the next page link but when you open it there aren't any posts there.

That's probably as clear as mud. :lol:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I'm fixing it as we speak.

It's a problem with the database corruption we recently had. The thread you see the error message on has a post on it from a user account that was wiped out when the server crashed - the post still exists, so is still counted towards the total number of posts for the thread (which is used to calculate the number of pages) but the forum won't display any posts that don't have an attached user when you're reading the thread, so the pagination count is out. So, when you click to view the last page of a thread, the forum suddenly finds it doesn't have enough posts with users attached to them to make up that many pages, so you get an error.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

That makes sense. Thank you for the explanation - thank god I don't have anything to do with programming as I don't think I would have any hair left! :lol:

Return to “Club News and Announcements”