Midlands Meet M5 Junction 4/5 - Gauging interest?

Thinking of arranging an event, looking for an event in an area - ask in here!

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

aj.extreme

Midlands Meet M5 Junction 4/5 - Gauging interest?

Post by aj.extreme »

Hi

Just thought i'd see if anyone would be interested in attending a monthly meet starting spring 2013 in the Midlands area.

Basically i'm the landlord of a pub/restaurant in-between Kidderminster and Bromsgrove and can organise a meet here where we would have use of the carpark big enough for 30+ cars and full use of the pub. We also have a nice grass strip with benches that run along the carpark so ideal for sitting around and ogling over everyones nice motors.

We're a fairly central postcode DY10 4QN - THE FOX INN, CHADDESLEY CORBETT, NEAR KIDDERMINSTER & BROMSGROVE only 10 mins from Junction 4/5 M5

There are some fairly nice roads up here too so could even organise a drive out/loop, and if people are keen for food can organise some discount or cheap butties etc etc.

And of course Beer and Soft Drinks are a plenty!

Let me know if anyone is interested and i'll make this happen :thumleft:

Cheers
Adam
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: Midlands Meet M5 Junction 4/5 - Gauging interest?

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

I`d be up for that sounds good. Nice easy run for me M42, M6, M5. Be good to meet a few more midlands owners. :D
aj.extreme

Post by aj.extreme »

good man if we can get a few more then we'll pencil in a date and get something sorted!
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

:shock:

I visit my dad in Droitwich Spa fairly regularly, so if it co-incides with one of those weekends, I'd gladly come along! :thumleft:
aj.extreme

Post by aj.extreme »

Tsia wrote::shock:

I visit my dad in Droitwich Spa fairly regularly, so if it co-incides with one of those weekends, I'd gladly come along! :thumleft:

:thumleft:
vinp182

Post by vinp182 »

I'm interested in this and I'm pretty sure there would be another 3-4 peoples interested too :D
vinp182

Post by vinp182 »

Oh yeah.. Do you know that there is already a mids meet every month in Kingswinford?
aj.extreme

Post by aj.extreme »

Did see the thread but looks pretty inactive??

Not trying to step on toes but I am in a good position to organise this as I own the property, the car park etc etc.

If a few are keen I'll look at something end of march? Maybe a Sunday afternoon? Early evening? We do a cracking carvery so can offer that out discounted to IMOC members if everyone wanted feeding :thumleft:

If the kingswinford meet is still happening then maybe we can get that moves down here? Better to have a decent meeting place with full use of all facilities :lol:
Chris_9011

Post by Chris_9011 »

I'd be interested pending confirmed dates :thumleft:
vinp182

Post by vinp182 »

Yeah the kingswinford one is still going mate, in fact this months is tonight. We normally have between 5-15 cars depending on the weather
Car park and venue are both great.

Saying that a change would also be nice, a few of us have already discussed this :thumleft:

I'm def up for trying out your place dude
adam1989

Post by adam1989 »

Id be interested in coming, only a 10 min drive for me and i know a few others that might come along aswell!
aj.extreme

Post by aj.extreme »

Ok well have a chat with some of the guys over there tonight and see what the consensus is. Few people noting their interest here though so could work out to be a good!

I would trundle across tonight to say hi but stuck working :pale:
b4nk51e

Post by b4nk51e »

I too may well pop along as i'm on the Bromsgrove side of Birmingham :thumleft:
aj.extreme

Post by aj.extreme »

Ok cool i reckon we got enough to get the ball rolling on this one. Any particular days/times people can/cant/would prefer to do?
b4nk51e

Post by b4nk51e »

I work all sorts of different shifts & days but I do get more Sundays off than any other, give me a date & time i'll let you know :thumleft:
Timmo

Post by Timmo »

I'm down in Swindon, but it would only take an hour to scoot up the A417 and M5 to get to the pub for a meet, so I'd be interested
aj.extreme

Post by aj.extreme »

Ok sorry have not updated anything for a week or so been on my Hols :lol:

Looks like we got enough to make something happen, should be a good turn out and be nice to put faces/names and usernames/cars etc etc

Will initially look at Sunday late afternoons, if all works out possibly the last sunday of every month? Obviously this month the last Sunday is Easter Day and Bank Holiday so prob not a good time as people are busy with friends/family/getting pi**ed etc so we'll go the Sunday after 7th April 6pm.

If that sounds ok give me a shout back on here and i'll then make a proper thread in the events/meets section and get it up on the calendar.

Plans for the meet, initially meet at the Pub, grab a beer and have a good old chin wag, possibly go for a quick blast out in convoy, get some photos and talk about future ideas.

If people would like food on the evening no problems, let me know in advance and i can either organise something snacky ie: chip butties or get you a copy of the menu which runs until 9pm....i'll sort a discount if ordering of the menu :thumleft:

Let me know your thoughts and if you can make it, hopefully the weather will be on our side by then :pray:
aj.extreme

Post by aj.extreme »

Address for the meet

The Fox Inn
Lower Chaddesley
Near Kidderminster
DY10 4QN

On the A448 Between Bromsgrove and Kidderminster 10 mins from the M5
sketchmyster

Post by sketchmyster »

shame used to live in bromsgrove and work in kiddy but moved to cornwall im up 2 weeks before this shame but 1 of those things
b4nk51e

Post by b4nk51e »

Had a quick look at my shifts & i'm off that day so count me in providing nothing changes :thumleft:

Return to “Events Discussion”