Wilhelm Race Works Geometry Adjustment Kit

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

bobhatton

Wilhelm Race Works Geometry Adjustment Kit

Post by bobhatton »

Because of big problems trying to sign up to be an affiliate on this site I have added this group buy for Alex W.

Please contact him direct on his email address below if you need any more information.

I have had this kit fitted for over a year now and its great. With it I have been able to keep up with my son in the sprints and hill climbs we do and he has over 100hp more than me

Thanks, Bob

The time has come to do another run of the Wilhelm Race Works LLC Geometry Adjustment Kit.

As many of you may know, I have done a lot of modeling and analysis of the MKII suspension geometry.

This kit is designed to be completely bolt-on, and completely reversible. A little work with a press will be required on the rear knuckle.

Complete kit:

Prototypes:

Front tie rods use a tapered stud (no drilling the knuckle), aluminum spacer matched to the RCA, aluminum tie rod adapter, and QA1 rod end.

For the rear tie rod the spherical bearing is removed from the knuckle and a steel slug is pressed in its place. The tie rod drop bracket is a welded steel assembly that simply clamps onto the knuckle. In addition to shifting the pivot point down to match the RCA, this also shifts the pivot point rearward, which reduces the natural toe changes of the rear suspension, aka bump steer. Tie rod is QA1 rod ends and an aluminum hex tie rod tube.

One design improvement from previous versions is the addition of a pair of locating bumps on the rear tie rod brackets. One for the standard "vertical" position, and one for rotating the bracket in as shown here. This rotation significantly reduces rear bump steer on the 91 suspension, greatly enhancing stability. The locating bumps should also make installation easier in either configuration.

Roll center adjusters are machined from 6061 aluminum, and specifically designed to fix, and even improve, the suspension geometry. Notice the front and rear are not the same thickness.

All aluminum parts are anodized black, the steel front tie rod studs are yellow zinc coated, and the rear tie rod brackets are powder coated in black.

All hardware is grade 8 standard / grade 10.9 metric.

So, what does this all do for you? Better camber curves, reduced bump steer, improved roll center location (which reduces body roll), and reduced roll center migration for more stable cornering.

These were designed around a drop of about 1.25" from stock 91 height. I can provide suggested ride heights for those using adjustable coilovers. Full installation instructions will of course also be included.

This kit requires at least 16" wheels. I know the fronts will fit with 16's, the rears will probably fit, depending on the wheel. 17's will fit for sure.

I will be running the group buy until production is finished on my recent strut mount group buy and then we will start production on these. Production should take 6-8 weeks from that point, plus a couple of weeks for shipping, anodizing, plating, etc.

The price for this group buy will be $540 + shipping.
I will require a $300 deposit before production starts.
I will accept this deposit in two installments if you prefer, $100 to get your name on the list and the remaining $200 when the group buy closes.

All that we need to make this happen is 10 pre-orders, although more would be better. The price will of course go up after the group buy.

Paypal payments can be sent to [email protected]. If anyone would like to pay by check or money order please contact me.

Please let me know with your payment if you have a 91 or 93+ style rear suspension, and please include your forum name so I can cross reference.
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
bobhatton

Re: Wilhelm Race Works Geometry Adjustment Kit

Post by bobhatton »

This is it fitted to my car with 16" wheels.

This will work best with a Rev1 rear cross member, in fact every MR2 will handle far better with a Rev1 rear cross member

Rear

Front
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
NoddE

Post by NoddE »

I just paid the premium membership fee of 7.50 GBP and after that i could post in the group buy section.
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

NoddE wrote:I just paid the premium membership fee of 7.50 GBP and after that i could post in the group buy section.

There is more to it than that, so we had better not go any further
Rosssco

Post by Rosssco »

[quote="bobhatton"] in fact every MR2 will handle far better with a Rev1 rear cross member
quote]

Can you explain why Bob? Greater adjustment?

Any ideas on UK shipping cost for this kit?

Ross
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

Its because of the shorter track control arms.

The only problem is that if the back does let go its harder to catch.

Just email Alex and he will let you know the shipping cost of the kit
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

Don't forget, Sunday the 30th is the last day, please have your deposits in by then.

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”