www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
A big thankyou to IMOC at JAE
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Past JAE Shows -> JAE 2012
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilki

Feedback Score: 1

1998 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: A big thankyou to IMOC at JAE Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone from IMOC that was at JAE this year. Me and my friends who were first time IMOC'ers were made to feel really welcome [hug]

Had a great time with some great people and cars...the hog roast was fair epic aswell [thumleft]

Look forward to next year [Very Happy]
Big_Martin

Feedback Score: 4

2000 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I totally agree with Chris. What a fantastic experience from start to finish! Thanks to all the members who made us feel so welcome and for generating a great atmosphere, and a big thanks to everyone involved in the organisation for all their hard work [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 7

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Have to agree with my lad really welcoming and no cross club barriers.

The hog roast was brilliant, all nice peeps, sorry cant remember the German gentlemans name we were chatting to but, what a nice chap, And thanks for the nice comments about wilkis and my car
Steve Horrocks

Feedback Score: 26

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

wilkie senior wrote:
Have to agree with my lad really welcoming and no cross club barriers.

The hog roast was brilliant, all nice peeps, sorry cant remember the German gentlemans name we were chatting to but, what a nice chap, And thanks for the nice comments about wilkis and my car

They simply answer to "ze Germans"!
RickMcRick

Feedback Score: 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Many thanks to you all for some amazing hospitality and entertainment causing me to spend more time on your stand than my own. Says it all.
Thanks again.
craig

Feedback Score: 141

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Fantastic weekend, Weather didn't disappoint!

Great to meet up with old mates and meet new members.

Big thanks to everyone on the Committee for making it so despite "up to the wire" planning [Mr. Green]

Roll on JAE 2013! [Dancing]
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 40

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Sounds like a good time was had by all! And even the weather was good as well. Looking forward to seeing some of the pics!

This is the main event of the show year for IMOC, and it's about you, the members, to meet others, show your pride and joy off, have a good beer, and a chance for us committee and moderators to say thanks for your support.
Long may it continue, JAE 2013 will be epic as well.

[thumleft]
gazrev1tubby

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'd like to express my thanks to Malcolm (tiamat), for approaching us and making us welcome as we were browsing the cars.

Considering we weren't with imoc, he said we were welcome to use the clubs facilities, which was very kind [thumleft]

Its also the first time I've seen a gt86 in the flesh, and I have to say, I like it [Smile] the interior is gorgeous [Very Happy]
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 31

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I think Alex should have been sponsored by Toyota the amount of interest and passenger rides he gave, lol!
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Big thanks to everyone who came, without you the club is nothing and your consistent support, positive comments and the fact you consistently come back again and appear to enjoy yourselves is what makes the club what it was.

Special thanks to all who helped set up, even those who were not there and did work behind the scenes (Scott Barton) and to those who helped take everything down again (Si, Mish Mash, Limey, Rayman, Mayo, Felix, Nil, Phil & Kartoffelkopf (Adrienne), Lauren, Mark, John and Emma and anyone else whos name I have missed out - for which I apologise).

Great to see some new faces, Wilki, Wilki Senior, Big Martin and RickmcRick, Whitworth Mike, Dan and Naomi, Phil and Kartoffelkopf (Adrienne), Garry, Gary, Alex (he thinks), Ms Blackpool and Rog, and all the others who dropped by during the day.

Also great to see old faces back again, JAE is never the same without the Horrocks xxxxx being whipped out for some form of entertainment, Mario, Peter, Felix, Nil, Craig, Becky, Mel, Pete, Roger, Ben, Chris, other Chris, Alex, Lauren, Mark, Toni, Tom (camp next year) BenF, Chrispy, Cheryl, Bill Hume (who has never taken it up the ring) and everyone else.

Also thanks to those who donated to the cause with Xbox, Controllers and music when mine became "too heavy". Without you the club is just an empty marquee in a field and not a home for the weekend.

If I miss anyone out its not intentional, I apologise, I am knackered after only about 16 or so hours sleep since Wednesday morning and the drive home. A little emotional too after saying goodbye to friends again.

Thank you all. [thumleft]

I look forward to seeing all of you next year [Dancing]

Last edited by Tiamat on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Ben

Feedback Score: 5

2001 BMW M5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Well said Malc. An absolutely awesome weekend, thanks to everyone who helped out and made it all such a laugh. Pics will be coming soon... [Smile]
Magic Beans

1998 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Awesome weekend! Great people, great cars, great weather [thumleft]

It was good to finally put some faces to names and as JAE newbies we were made to feel welcome and part of the family.

A big thanks to all at IMOC for your hard work, you did us proud. We look forward to doing it all again next year [Very Happy]

Phil & Kartoffelkopf (Adrienne)

P.S. Love the mug, very much appreciated [Very Happy]
Steve Horrocks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Haha! I was reading through Malc's (very good!) post & was working out who's username was kartoffelkopf but then it twigged when Mr Bean replied! Genius! They're neighbours!

As others have said, another great year with great people, old and new!
Thanks again for all the planning & organising, it's greatly appreciated.

Just need to dig the after sun out now!!!
Magic Beans

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Steve Horrocks wrote:
They're neighbours!

She really should have had more of a hangover than she did today [Laughing]
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Steve Horrocks wrote:

Judging by how hot I was last night and the puking, I appear to have heatstroke from JAE! Next year its more water and less beer!!
wilki

Feedback Score: 1

1998 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Tiamat wrote:
Steve Horrocks wrote:

Judging by how hot I was last night and the puking, I appear to have heatstroke from JAE! Next year its more water and less beer!!

[Laughing] No use lying to yourself, you will drink just as well next year [Laughing]
Charged
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 18

1988 Toyota MR2 Mk1.5 Turbo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Another enjoyable JAE, I spoke to most IMOC'ers but not all, apologies if I missed you. I seem to chat to loads of people but then forget to actually ask what their name/username is [Embarassed]
I shot off early Sunday as had to pick someone up from the airport, but needed to get home first and get my passenger seat back in!

Thanks to all the behind the scenes organisers, Scott, Lauren, Chris and of course Malcolm, who I must say was on fire this year with his hospitality skills, you're a great advert for IMOC mate.

Tasty bit of pig as well.

Thanks also to Ben and Pete for their assistance judging the 'best turned out Mkiv Supra'

Lovely to see friends from far and wide again as always.

So.. where are all the pictures?!
Magic Beans

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

A few of ours

Charged
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 18

1988 Toyota MR2 Mk1.5 Turbo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I love my new Woodsport (Buddy club rep) front lip

Amazing how much junk you can fit in a Mk1:

StevieL

Feedback Score: 51

2000 Mitsubishi Lancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Was nice to chat to a few of you's. I seemed to be busier than normal this year so didn't really get over to chat to as many people as I'd have liked to, you had a really nice stand though [Very Happy]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Past JAE Shows -> JAE 2012 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: